going over my protein!!

Options
I keep going over my protein by 35-40 points! is this bad?

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Nope.

You are clear to move on with your life :)
  • dosmundos
    Options
    Do it every day.:smile:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Not a problem. Keep calm and eat chicken.
  • TTWILSON301
    Options
    This is good to know I was wondering about this
  • PDuff08
    PDuff08 Posts: 9
    Options
    Your not alone I'm always way over my protein intake too. Any tips on how to prevent going over or is it really okay??
  • AndreeAnneB
    AndreeAnneB Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about that too, thanks for asking. And thanks for the replies!
  • momof2TONI
    momof2TONI Posts: 116
    Options
    I don't know but I'd rather be over on my protein than over on carbs and fat. :)
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I've adjusted my target manually so I NEVER go over, hardly ever anyway
  • rsamuels23
    Options
    it is fine, but make sure to drink plenty of water. If you have too much protein and not enough water it can hurt your kidney's
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I TRY to go over on protein, calcium and fibre every day...it is a good thing!!! Way to go!!!
  • kmiller0118
    Options
    I agree about the not going over on carbs and fat. Protein keeps me from overeating. I go over this but only about 5 to 10 or so. I was told by my nutritionist that exercise and food are weighted about 50-50 in losing weight so as long as you're exercising too, you should be fine.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    TRUE
    Especially for some men
    it is fine, but make sure to drink plenty of water. If you have too much protein and not enough water it can hurt your kidney's
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's recommended by many to eat 1g of protein per 1lb that you weigh. Plus, it keeps the hunger at bay.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    MFP's settings for protein are really really low. I try to hit between 100 and 140 every day and I'm absolutely fine. Protein is good to help repair your muscles. Eat more protein!
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Also, you'd have to eat a LOT, I mean, A LOT of protein before your kidneys were affected. Even muscle men rarely eat eat enough protein to hurt them, but hey - don't trust me, I'm just a smiley face. Go do some internet research and verify.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I go over protein and keep my carbs low low low. I do have a hard time getting the healthy fats though :( NEed more fish I guess?
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    On my workout days- I target 196-200g of protein, and I'm fine. It's hard for me to hit that actually, I really have to make a conscious effort to add protein in where ever I can....
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I agree about the not going over on carbs and fat. Protein keeps me from overeating. I go over this but only about 5 to 10 or so. I was told by my nutritionist that exercise and food are weighted about 50-50 in losing weight so as long as you're exercising too, you should be fine.

It's more like 80/20 diet/exercise. You can easily lose weight without exercising but if your diet's rubbish then no amount of exercise will help.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No such thing as too much brotein
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    It's recommended by many to eat 1g of protein per 1lb that you weigh. Plus, it keeps the hunger at bay.

That is what I just heard from the GNC clerk. Though he actually said 1g per 1lb of lean mass.
    So for me, that wouldd be 100grams.

I'm fine/happy going over my protein. I also have no concern going over fiber and vitamins.