Hello from England

Options
Hi everyone, I joined this site a few days ago and am already feeling more confident! Tracking my food and exercise really seems to have gotten me focused! My long term goal is to loose about 35lb by summer (trying to be optimistic here!) :)

Just wanted to say hello and wish everyone else good luck!

Graham

Replies

• evilras
    evilras Posts: 42
    Options
    Good luck fellow Brit! 35 might be a bit too ambitious by summer? but a good 20-25 should be doable if you're strict with the food!

Fingers crossed for you!
  • strungoutmom
    Options
    welcome i am fairly new to this site as well. My goal is to loose about 20 pounds. So far i have lost 4
    deana in Texas
  • MissRikki
    Options
    Welcome :)
    I work in Cheshire :) Which isnt far from Wirral

Good Luck
    x
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I joined this site a few days ago and am already feeling more confident! Tracking my food and exercise really seems to have gotten me focused! My long term goal is to loose about 35lb by summer (trying to be optimistic here!) :)

Just wanted to say hello and wish everyone else good luck!

Graham

Hi Graham, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also under "Community", then "Weight Loss and Healthy Living", then "general diet and weight loss help", and then check out the first few threads. They'll REALLY help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Just the word "diet" would make me cringe and set me up for failure. :grumble: It meant depriving myself of all the "good stuff" out there, and as a result, I'd only last just so long, (maybe a few weeks if I was lucky!) and then I'd "cave" and go right back to eating all those "goodies" again! :embarrassed: :cry: But, MFP ISN'T a "diet". :noway: It's a "lifestyle change". :smile: (When I first read that, I said "Ya, SURE it is!", thinking that it WAS just another diet. :grumble: But, it wasn't! :noway:)
    The main reason that I've managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is because I HAVE been able to eat "real/good" foods. :bigsmile: (Not Slim Fast or any other easy, quick, fad "wacko" diets!:noway: ) Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time! :wink: ) As long as I do that, I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade ice-cream! :love:
  • mumbex1
    Options
    Me too I have just joined this site and although I don't have lots to loose it is making me more positive
    Only day 3 though and I'm still on track...
  • granof3
    granof3 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Graham I'm an Aussie but my husband is from Liverpool and we have friends living here from Heswell ( is that the right spelling?) Good luck with your goals. It's a bit easier here cos it's summer - lots of salads lol
  • Sephs
    Sephs Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Graham, I'm in Liverpool so not very far from you at all.

There are 5 of us who have recently joined (group of friends) and we're all hoping to support each other through our weightloss.

Best of luck with your goals!

Sephs
  • jayne147alfa
    Options
    Another hi from England. Just joined this week and loving being able to enter foods and exercise on my iphone or computer. And so pleased that this site is free! Hopefully will help me achieve my goals by recording (honestly) everything I am eating.

Not been a great week for me so far as we had one birthday meal out and then a day at a conference with food everywhere. Learnt my lesson the hard way by eating a bowl of sweets on the table during a presentation and then whipping out the iphone to realise I had just consumed half my days calories on boiled sweets!

I'm not going to beat myself up about it and give up - I am looking at my life now and saying my fitness pal is hleping me make a change to my health I am not 'on a diet'. Consistency is key and if I can up the exercies and make better food choices then I have a relatively easy target of losing 1lb per week which will take me to somewhere around 2 stone less by the time I hit my Summer holiday.

I'm not really a forum / message board person but am going to try to participate here to kepp me focussed on losing this weight. good luck to everyone.

Jayne

448805.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • evilras
    evilras Posts: 42
    Options
    Dont worry if you mess up 1 day. its going to happen, to everyone! I did it with sodium cooking with a bit of soya sauce. blew my sodium limit in 2 tsbp!! I'm doing an extreme 6 weeks first to kick start the diet. try to hit all my food targets, and bank anything i burn. the downside of that is i only had net 600 calories on tuesday because i hit the running machine hard!!

So conversely, i'm now struggling to eat enough!!!
  • jchapple
    Options
    Hi, I live in West Yorkshire.

I'm new as well and didn't realise there were so many of us from this side of the water. Thought it was a mainly US site. Wonderful to know you.