Do you prefer to work out in silence?
Metal?
Hip Hop?

Any favorite work out songs?

Replies

• RedMiataAZ
    RedMiataAZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just to name a few...basically anything that moves me emotionally.

"Imagine the Fire" - The Dark Knight Rises - Hans Zimmer
    "Suicide and Redemption" - Death Magnetic - Metallica
    "Battle Without Honor Or Humanity" - Electric Samurai - Tomoyasu Hotei
    "We Will Be Strong" - Chinatown - Thin Lizzy
    "Second To None" - Transformers: Original Soundtrack - Styles Of Beyond/Mike Shinoda
    "Scorponok" - Transformers: The Score [Original Motion Picture Score] - Steve Jablonsky
  • ktadanthony5
    Options
    Anything that is fast paced and has a nice beat to it...upbeat songs i like rap and metal music
  • Killy250r
    Options
    Asking Alexandria, BMTH, Pierce the Veil, etc. really do it for me when running. The screaming and beat pump me up. When walking, I'll listen to The Honey Trees, Blue Foundation, Ludovico Einaudi, etc. because it helps me relax. Pure silence doesn't motivate me as much.
  • Justwaitlonger
    Options
    The only song so far that I've found worked better than others as a work out song is The Who - Baba O'Riley.
    In general though, slightly faster, more upbeat music definitely works best.
  • snacker127
    snacker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I saw System of a Down in concert last week I saw them some years ago and was a huge fan, but they somehow fell off my radar. They ROCK, and most songs are great if you are trying to work in some speed intervals. Send me a message if you want individual song suggestions, but they don't really have any bad/slow songs IMO.
  • Rayzback
    Rayzback Posts: 73
    Options
    This week..... I know you got Soul - Bobby Byrd
  • derekjewaka
    Options
    Depend's on the day, or what had come out recently. The two newest albums I picked up and love to listen to are Challenger- Memphis May Fire, and Get What You Give- The Ghost Inside. Every now and then I love to throw on the greatest band of ALL TIME... RUSH! I found myself listening to Test For Echo - Rush, the other day. So I guess what I listen to doesn't really affect how I lift, or vice versa. Just picked up Sublime with Rome (I know it's been out for a while but I'm stubborn). I'm really into it.
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    No music. I've had a couple close calls/surprises while listening to music. So now I run/bike ride music free. Maybe I'll hear that car coming up behind me while I still have a chance to get out of the way.
  • peterhern
    Options
    As much as I love music, I try to catch a ball game on the radio when I'm out, on tv if at the gym.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I gotta have music
    Skillrex, Aerosmith, Tinie Tempah, Tyga, Missy Elliott, Eminem, Van Halen...to name a few
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Personally I listen to a lot of Kanye and hip hop. Things with great beats to keep me moving! Nothing to lyrically deep because I get side tracked.