30 lbs lost!

Options

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Keep up the great work:drinker: It is a lifestyle change for sure...and a wonderful one:flowerforyou: Congratulations to you!!:smile::drinker:

~Roni
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement! I'm so glad I found this site. I admit I'm a bit obsessed with MFP, but it keeps me on track.

InIt2WinIt - :laugh: Yeah, people tend to think I'm a lot younger than I really am. Guess I should be glad, but when you're still getting ID'd for R-rated movies in your mid-20s, it gets a bit annoying. :tongue:

Congrats!!! :) You rock and are always an inspiration to me! I'm glad you're obsessed with MFP b/c so am I! haha

I still get carded for R rated movies, too! haha this is too funny b/c this just happened to me the other day and the girl (17/18 yr old) at the register saw my id and said, "Wow, I didn't know you were THAT old" haha..thanks!

Anyway, you're doing great and I know you will continue to do great!!
  • sallymurph
    sallymurph Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Way to go. You are an inspiration to so many of us.
  • traceysturn
    Options
    Super Job! You look great keep up the good work!
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    That is so awesome :happy: Great work
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    You look great! I can totally tell a difference!
    Don't worry about the age thing...you'll appreciate it one day I'm sure. At least that's what I have to tell myself. My husband is 3 yrs older than I am, and someone asked him once if I was his daughter :huh: . I guess I look younger than my age and he looks older...?
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You do look wonderful! The best part pf making a lifestyle change is that even more important than looking better is you feel so much better. Thanks for sharing your before and after, that spurs me to keep motivated so I can post my before and after pictures. My profile picture was actually me taken a few years ago. I have a now picture posted in my pics, but didn't want to look at that everyday. I am posting a picture of where I hope to get back to......................vain I know. Anyways, congrats on the changes!!
  • michellejayne
    Options
    Way to go what a motivation and inspiration you are!! keep it up!!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference. You look great! But most importantly it sounds like your changing in ways to help you keep it off forever! Congrats!:drinker:
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look wonderful. Can't wait until it's my turn to brag! :)
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    awesome job:flowerforyou:
  • marloandrob
    Options
    keep up the good work..i just joined yesterday and im hoping to do as well!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    WhoooooHooooo!!! Keep up the lifestyle change, it's doing wonders for you! :drinker: Here's a toast to your success, healthy water of course.....can't wait to see the picture of you in the swimsuit you're planning on.

Thanks for the pictures, they truly are an inspiration.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are quite an inspiration! :smile:
  • sherry155
    Options
    are you exercising also or just watching what you eat
  • sherry155
    Options
    I meant to say congratulations also!! I just joined today and am so excited to get started and see how everyone is doing it
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    are you exercising also or just watching what you eat

I'm definitely exercising more now than I used to (well... I didn't used to exercise at all...) But I only work out maybe 2-3 times a week most weeks, for 30-45 min per session.

I think most of my weight loss is simply due to the fact that I'm eating a much healthier and more reasonable diet for someone with my lifestyle. Before I would binge quite often on pizzas, wings, fast food, etc. or I would just go home and eat whatever sounded good (which often wasn't very good for me!). I eat a lot more veggies and fruit than I used to.

I would like to increase my exercise, but school is starting back up again next week and I'm not sure how realistic that is. I'm going to *try* working out 4-5 days a week but if I have to drop back down to 2-3, I'm not going to feel too guilty about it while I'm in school. (I also work full time)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Well done, the change is dramatic. You look great.

Do you really plan to lose another 65+ pounds? From where? That would get you down to what, 135-ish? Man,,, that's thin. Tell tell, what's your goal?
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Incredible!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Well done, the change is dramatic. You look great.

Do you really plan to lose another 65+ pounds? From where? That would get you down to what, 135-ish? Man,,, that's thin. Tell tell, what's your goal?

I do plan on losing another 65-70 lbs - My goal weight is 130, though that's subject to change. I'm not dead set on that - if I get into the 135-145 range and feel comfortable/happy/healthy there, then I'll stop trying to lose weight. I'm not very tall - I'm about 5' 3.5" Even at 5' 4" even, 130 would be around the middle of the healthy BMI range, so I'm not too worried about my goal being unrealistic. (Though I realize BMI is not the best "health" calculator.)

The rest of the weight will hopefully come from the rest of my body - the pics show a big difference in my face, but my measurements (hips, chest, stomach, thighs, etc.) really didn't change too much, even with a 30 lb. loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!