NSV - warning, may be TMI

Options
Quite a few years ago (maybe 6 or 7), I thought that buying some cute panties would help me feel sexy.....granted, I was about 250lbs so I was grasping at straws at that point. I went to the store and saw some really cute thongs (I had NEVER even thought about wearing a thong before). But the problem was that the largest size the store had was 9....and I had been squeezing myself into 10's at that point. I thought, "No big deal. They might just be a little tight." So, I bought them. Well, when I got home and tried them on, they were so tight that they dug into my hips and my fat rolled over the sides and the back - let's just say that the fabric got lost.

Those panties have stayed in my drawer since then. I have even moved 3 times since they were purchased and they come with me. I have no clue why I held on to them.

Well, today, I spotted them in the back of my drawer. After thinking about it for a minute (literally standing in front of my dressing contemplating) I decided to try them on. They no longer dig into my hips. My booty isn't great to look at, but I will say that it was a lot better than before. They looked pretty cute. My hubby did a bit of a double take when I showed him. It made me feel kinda sexy all day. :)

Replies

• easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    whoo hoo!!!! you go! :)
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! Kept them for a reason!!
  • RenaHope
    RenaHope Posts: 80
    Options
    That's amazing! You go girl haha. I bought a pair of sexy panties a couple of weeks ago and they dug into my hips but I held onto them anyways. Trying them on every couple of weeks as another way of tracking progress... is that weird? Hahahaha :)
  • stephanietyler911
    Options
    thats great im so happy for you if that doesnt motivate you i dont no what will:smile:
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Just hang onto them a little bit longer, and before you know it, your thong-clad booty will look even better than " a lot better than before!!!" Years ago, I bought a pair of khaki dress pants because they were really cute and on sale. Well, they were quite too small. So they hung on a hanger in the corner of my closet forever (it seems). Then, a few years later, I was going for a casual job interview. Digging for something to wear, I came across those khakis. Hoping beyond hope, I decided to try them on. It blew me away that they were TOO BIG for me!!! I mean...even buttoned and zipped up, they fell off of me! So, you hang onto those thongs!! And your hubby did a double-take?!!! Woo hoo! You go!

I just realized that my last two sentences are exactly what somebody else said. I swear, I didn't copy!!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It's awesome those little things just make our day...congrats to you chicka :) and I think we seem to be our worst enemy on how and what our partners think is appealing.. double take is a good thing!!!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i have a pouder blue tank top thong set im doing the same thing with, thong fits tank top not so much, grats on the NSV!
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    Woot yay you. I had an NSV today of being able to wear my rings again. But this makes me want to pull out my bra and pantie set i bought knowing i couldn't wear and try them on.
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Quite a few years ago (maybe 6 or 7), I thought that buying some cute panties would help me feel sexy.....granted, I was about 250lbs so I was grasping at straws at that point. I went to the store and saw some really cute thongs (I had NEVER even thought about wearing a thong before). But the problem was that the largest size the store had was 9....and I had been squeezing myself into 10's at that point. I thought, "No big deal. They might just be a little tight." So, I bought them. Well, when I got home and tried them on, they were so tight that they dug into my hips and my fat rolled over the sides and the back - let's just say that the fabric got lost.

Those panties have stayed in my drawer since then. I have even moved 3 times since they were purchased and they come with me. I have no clue why I held on to them.

Well, today, I spotted them in the back of my drawer. After thinking about it for a minute (literally standing in front of my dressing contemplating) I decided to try them on. They no longer dig into my hips. My booty isn't great to look at, but I will say that it was a lot better than before. They looked pretty cute. My hubby did a bit of a double take when I showed him. It made me feel kinda sexy all day. :)

Those moments are the GREATEST especially the feeling sexy part. I am happy for you. That is a great way to feel.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    this is awesome! i have a lot of sexy goal panties in my drawer! can't wait to be able to wear them .
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    That is a great nsv!!!!!!! Love it!
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Rock those thongs, girly! :wink:
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i'm sure you didn't mean it the way it sounds, but i'm bothered by the way you describe your former self as if it is of lesser value than your current self. that may be how you truly feel, but it shouldn't be, in my opinion.

a woman can be beautiful at any size or weight when she cares about herself.

many people here are even bigger than 250 and i would hope that they wouldn't take your words to heart for themselves and their self-confidence.

congratulations on your commitment and results, but love yourself no matter what.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Love that feeling.

On a side note your thong story reminded me of a Simpsons episode where they go to south America and Homer is wearing a speedo and it keeps getting 'lost' much like you've described and he goes 'i hope they're going somewhere good'. Hilarious and a phrase I use when something is too tight. Lol,.sorry for rambling...
  • That is sooooooo awesome!!!! What a great feeling that must have been for you!! Keep up the awesome work!!
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    EXCELLENT!!! Congrats girl, now wear those like nobody's business ;)
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You sexy girl. You should buy new ones and throw out the old ones now. You know they fit, now get lacy ones. You'll love it. :)
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! It's not tmi!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Enjoy your thongs :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!