Heart Rate Monitors

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have a polar FT4 & now a Polar FT60. Get the 60. Trust me its so much better because it gives you the GPS option & footpod option (so you know how many steps you take) and also 3 workout zones. Each one you have to fill out 100% each week. Also gives you a calorie burn target each week as well as a time target. Makes it better cause you know you MUST reach it.
  • oeagleo
    oeagleo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 as well, and as above, absolutely love it. Not only does it tell me when I'm getting close to the upper threshold of my maximum heart rate, (something I need to watch, mostly because of my age, and original weight), but at the end of my session, I can tell how long I was working out, as well as the calories burned.
    This is especially helpful, as the Fitbit, while I love it too, doesn't "record" too much during a weight training episode. I use the FT7's information after doing the treadmill for a cardio warmup. I can tell when my heart rate get's too high, and hold off before beginning another exercise that uses another large muscle group.

I got mine on "that auction site", and got it really reasonable, (@$50)
  • LaLaMoss
    LaLaMoss Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I purchased a MIO HRM from amazon for 34 dollars. I love it!!
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    heart rate monitors aren't very reliable or accurate. I would be careful if I were you.

Most cardio machines have built in ones anyways. If you do decide to get one anyways know that it's just an idea of what ur heart rate it at not 100% I was tired of seeing my heart rate at 220+ :P

Feel free to add me as a friend or anyone else who wants to add me please send a friend request I will accept and lets all keep each other motivated.

I bought a HRM for around $70 bucks, and was tempted to return it because I don't spend that much on anything. I decided to use it for some more or keep it. The machines at the gym are inaccurate. It is off atleast 200-300 for me. I have the HRM with the strap so it is pretty accurate. I thought I was burning around 700-800 per 60 minutes of running, but I was really burning 450-500 barely.