Curvy Girl Needs Friends To Yell At Her

Options
Okay, so, here's my quick story- I gained 80 pounds due to depression and bad eating habits in a year and a half. I decided this summer that I needed to shed it already- I was tired of being overweight and miserable with myself. I have lost 30 pounds since June 11, 2012, and hope to lose more. I need friends on here that can be semi-mean to me because sometimes I'm not the most motivated person in the world and can't push myself like I need to.

Replies

• lajonna
    lajonna Posts: 36
    Options
    Awe congrats girl on the hard work! Keep it up ( ; I know as a curvy girl i get a lil frustrated too! It's all about getting the cute new clothes..when I loose a few pounds. And makes me feel so much healthier. Totally here to support ya!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    hey! HEY! this is me yelling at you. lol

i will be your friend :-)
  • adorability
    adorability Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow curvy girl! :) I have found that plus-size designers seem to give up on putting effort into making their clothes fashionable, at least in my experience with my taste. Everything looks like it is made for 50 year olds and it can be so disheartening to go clothing shopping. All the cute clothes seem to be made for the tiny girls. I'll add you :)
  • cocoshiny
    Options
    Hey, I totally sympathize, I also gained a ton of weight when I was depressed (so many delicious comfort foods!) it's wonderful that you've already lost so much! congrats!
  • adorability
    Options
    Yay for yelling :D I'll add you, too! :) Wow, 80 pounds lost already? So inspiring!
  • jaybird951
    jaybird951 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    nice.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I gained a lot of weight pretty fast, too. I'm just starting to lose, and some days are harder than others. The support I've found here on MFP has helped me through some very difficult days. :happy:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. I've still got a ways to go, and it just ain't coming quicker since I keep plateauing.
    Btw, you are fricken adorable!! <3
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow curvy girl! :) I have found that plus-size designers seem to give up on putting effort into making their clothes fashionable, at least in my experience with my taste. Everything looks like it is made for 50 year olds and it can be so disheartening to go clothing shopping. All the cute clothes seem to be made for the tiny girls. I'll add you :)

That is SO true! I'm not a size zero, but I should still be able to buy stylish clothes.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    im only 10 lbs (ish) away from my goal, but i seem to be losing friends fast..i gained a LOAD of weight when my hubby went into the military, and i was stuck at home with 2 small kids..this was 6+ years ago, but i stress ate..i am 5'1'' and my biggest then was 198..well into obese..you can add me if you like..im sure once i reach my goal, i will still be here, but at the rate im going, that wont be anytime too soon..good luck:flowerforyou:
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I can be mean! =P and I've dealt with depression too, so I know where you're coming from. Sending FR!
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Okay, so, here's my quick story- I gained 80 pounds due to depression and bad eating habits in a year and a half. I decided this summer that I needed to shed it already- I was tired of being overweight and miserable with myself. I have lost 30 pounds since June 11, 2012, and hope to lose more. I need friends on here that can be semi-mean to me because sometimes I'm not the most motivated person in the world and can't push myself like I need to.

Hey Adorability! I would be more than happy to support you and motivate you! I may not be mean, but i can be semi-mean! LOL!!! Congrats on how far you have come!!!!! You can keep this up!!! COME ON!! Let's DO THIS!!!!

I'll send you a friend request!
  • jaybird951
    jaybird951 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you are adorable too...thanks
  • adorability
    Options
    Wow, all of you are so incredibly nice! :') I often feel like nobody understands me because I have a lot of fit, skinny friends that have never been overweight. Thanks for all the comments and support!
  • Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You have done awsome so far. Keep up the great work.... Feel free to add me if you would like...
  • adorability
    Options
    Thank you so much! I had a membership to a really nice gym this summer so that helped :) Will do!
  • lajonna
    lajonna Posts: 36
    Options
    Yeah my thyroid being messed up makes it harder to loose weight too! Yeah jeans are the worst to shop for. I'm like 5 foot.
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know what your going through. Feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated!
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    I'm not much of a yeller... But I totally can relate to gaining weight as a result of anxiety and depression ! I gained 55 in a year and a half for similar reasons.
  • KalikaRae
    KalikaRae Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I can yell at you when you need it. As long as you do the same for me. Over the past few years with kids, I'm 50 lbs heavier than when I married my hubby. And hes such a sweetie that he says I still look the same and he loves the way I look, I cant convince him that I need more motivation. I think hes blind. And Im with you on clothes shopping. I havent worn anything but baggy jeans and baggy shirts in a long long time. No shorts even in summer, and I live in phoenix where it was 117 degrees 2 days ago. Arg!! So I just got the ok from my Dr to start working out again (my 2nd child was born only 7 weeks ago) and its so on right now! Good luck to you. If you need a good kick, let me know!