How High Is Your Water Intake?

Options
I've been been drinking 120 oz a day consistently (which is approx 3.5 litres or 1 gallon), even on non-work out days. That's 10 ounces more than my weight in pounds. Overtime it's become second nature and I don't even have to urinate as frequently. If I drink too little I can feel the difference, it's like my body craves this set amount.

Few things that it's done for me so far:
-it has CURED my acne almost 100%!!! and i was moderately severe before
-it cured my combination oily skin
-my nails are very shiny, as if i'm wearing clear nail polish
-my skin is literally glowing and shiny, it enhances muscle tone SO nicely (think body builders covered in oil!)
-incredibly regular. and i'm talking everyday at the exact same time everyday. it's a wonderful thing

So how much are you all drinking and would you consider upping yours to this amount?
In my opinion, the benefits are sooo worth it!!

:)

Replies

• leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Wow! You make me want to increase how much water I've been drinking.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 19 8-ounce servings of water each day. I only make this goal sometimes...but it is a work in progress. I totally agree about it being incredibly health-beneficial.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    136 oz water (17 cups), 3-4 cups of coffee & 2-3 chery coke zero's is my normal fluid intake. Water can go up to 176 oz if it's a particularily "thirsty day".
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a try. I'm currently drinking 72 oz of water. Thanks for the info.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommended I drink at LEAST 112oz a day (14 cups) because I am very easily dehydrated with the medication I'm on. Also I live at a high altitude in the desert so that doesn't help me any! The less water I drink, the more dizzy I get, so I try to follow the doctor's orders but it is difficult some days.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I drink about 90 oz of water a day. It helped my hair look better then ever before. Water rocks.
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been been drinking 120 oz a day consistently (which is approx 3.5 litres or 1 gallon), even on non-work out days. That's 10 ounces more than my weight in pounds. Overtime it's become second nature and I don't even have to urinate as frequently. If I drink too little I can feel the difference, it's like my body craves this set amount.

Few things that it's done for me so far:
    -it has CURED my acne almost 100%!!! and i was moderately severe before
    -it cured my combination oily skin
    -my nails are very shiny, as if i'm wearing clear nail polish
    -my skin is literally glowing and shiny, it enhances muscle tone SO nicely (think body builders covered in oil!)
    -incredibly regular. and i'm talking everyday at the exact same time everyday. it's a wonderful thing

So how much are you all drinking and would you consider upping yours to this amount?
    In my opinion, the benefits are sooo worth it!!

:)

^^^ THIS!!! ^^^

I have always been a huge water drinker and 120 ounces seems to be nothing for me! I have seen all of the same benefits you mentioned. People thought i was crazy when i told them how much i drink. I do still pee a lot! :blushing:
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I always drink lots of water too, and I agree. My skin is so much better along with all the other things you listed too,and when I don't drink my usual amount of water I feel aweful.
    Water is the most important part of my daily healthy lifestyle.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I suck at math, but I use a 1600ml filtered Camelbak water bottle and I try to drink 3-4 of those during the work day and 2 in the evening. I definitely notice when I don't, my stomach goes bonkers on me pain-wise and I am much less regular and also slugglish and prone to migraines. I struggle with it on the weekends when my routine is gone so I forget to monitor my water.
  • NEKimbrough
    NEKimbrough Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! I normally only get 1/2 of my required 8 - 8 oz of water drank on a daily bases. I am working on it though. I am going to have to try harder.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Cup of coffee here and there, otherwise, it is water only. I don't even track it because it is so much more than what they want you to drink.

I drink between 10 and about 16 bottles (16.9 oz) a day. I always have a bottle with me.
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I drink a tonnnn of water. I feel like I'm always either drinking or refilling, lol. I dunno... I lose count, but I must drink at least 15 cups of water throughout the entire day, if not moreso.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    I drink up to 12 -16.9oz (refilled) bottles, (202 oz) per day. I still have bad hair ,crappy skin an broken nails, but I'm definitely not thirsty :-)
  • sarrylove
    Options
    I strive to drink about a gallon of water a day as well!
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I say roughly about 4 cups a day on average...because I don't do nothing really all day literally.
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    i TRY to do 2-3 liters a day
  • nuphan
    nuphan Posts: 12
    Options
    I drink that much too but always forget to count. the scale is way at the bottom.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I drink between 40oz to 70oz per day. Depends on thirst levels. If I'm not thirsty, I don't drink.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I drink 4-5, 25 oz bottles of water a day. Sometimes its flavored mostly not. I have had my face clear up, ie. acne and oiily/dry spots. I am no longer taking anything for roscea. I also changed my facial lotion to Vaseline, Aloe Fresh. or Equate, Aloe fresh. It makes my face fresh and smooth. Roscea can cause blood veins and bulbous nose along with Zits This Aloe fresh has taken care o just about everything. I think the last thing I have to deal with is the spider veins.

I do go to the bathroom much more often. I never wait until I am thirsty to drink. I have been trained that If you wait until you are thirsty then you are dehydrated. So I keep something with me all th time. Normally waater.
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fantastic I love water, cold and filtered - I drink 3-5 litres + per day :¬D