My story 198.5-179 in less than two months

Options
So I started MFP back in July I weighed 198.5, I only did the dieting which is eating only 1200 a day, with that alone i dropped down to 181.5 . I stayed at 181.5 for two weeks. I realized that dieting alone was not going to help me very fast, at this point. So as of Sunday 4/12/12 I started including kick boxing and I finally broke into the 70's I now weigh 179 on the dot. I am loosing a pound every two days!!! I do a 42 min Kenpo Kick boxing routine which will switch up in the following weeks to come. I have set my goal, i only focus on 8 pounds a month to lose them. So far if I keep on doing what I am doing I should lose those 8 pounds in 16 days :) it's hard. And kenpo kick boxing is no joke!! If you plan on doing it take Kick boxing slow, it is an intense work out, you will find yourself out of breath, and if you are not use to intense work outs, you can over use your body. Take it slow, if you can only do twenty minutes then only do twenty add five minutes of the routine the next day, and the day after until you are doing it without being tired but still breaking a sweat. And the calories you burn are a lot with 42 minutes a person burns 577 calories!! Imagine doing the full hour! Not to mention it is fun, and you get to learn some great self defense moves :) I will keep everyone posted on my progress. I am suppose to lose 8 pounds by September 12. Lets see how it goes :) see yall in september!!!

Replies

• JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    agree! great job! keep up the good work :drinker:
  • era228
    era228 Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow! Great work! Sounds like you found something that is fun and working for you!
  • SeekSunshine
    Options
    Awesome! I am hoping to find something that isn't quite so tough on my knees :)
  • Mayela05
    Mayela05 Posts: 31
    Options
    thanks it's hard but i hope i don't give up :)
  • Mayela05
    Options
    kick boxing is a great work out!!! It really works for everyone even if you just do it five times a day i know people who do it like that and lose ten pounds a month
  • Mayela05
    Options
    Kick boxing can be easy on the knees its hard for sure, but you can go at your own pace and you don't need to go super hard on your knees if you don't want to you can do it however you feel comfortable.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!