What do you eat to reduce body fat?

Options
13»

Replies

• jjefferies7
    Options

I don't know where you got your info but I think you have carbs and protein mixed up. As far as I know 1 gram of protein per LEAN pound of body mass helps but your protein % should not exceed your carb % and should not exceed 35% maximum. That much protein is hard on your body and can cause as much liver damage as being an alcoholic.

I'm studying nutrition and this is what I've found in my classes so far so if a fellow dietitian knows differently please correct me.

Balance is good, 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% healthy fats is a good starting point but everyone is different. Lifting weights is going to help you do lift household items, get creative, do body weight exercises. If you can't get weights go buy a resistance band and google some exercises.

actually its already been proven that a high protein intake doesn't hurt your liver or kidneys
  • lbe1982
    lbe1982 Posts: 20
    Options
    Lots of raspberries for the raspberry ketones

DOES THIS WORK? i"M WORKING OUT, EATING LESS THEN 1,000 CAL. PER DAY, BUT CAN'T LOOSE ANY WEIGHT! LOOKING FOR ANYTHING TO GET A START ON THE WEIGHT LOSS....
  • VisBella
    VisBella Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Actually, it's what I don't eat that reduces fat.:happy: However, if you have to add something, coconut oil is a winner.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Me? Well, I appear to be a madman but here is what works like a charm for me:

65% fat (including lovely saturated fat), 10% carb, 25% protein.

No hunger, no feelings of deprivation, no exercise regime to speak of (some walking and some push-ups, essentially), no gym membership, no worries.

And I eat over so-called calorie 'limit' regularly. Progress still good.

I regularly drink red wine like a fish too.

The body will create or liberate fat only if the hormones tell it to. If you have hormonal problems then any kind of calorie reduction is either going to be frustrating or pointless. And will bounce back to hit you once you eat 'normally' again.

Get the hormones in line and then worry about BMRs, TDEEs, caloric deficits and whatever was my plan once I realised that my first 3 months on MFP being calorie fixated had been an exercise in hunger, frustration and a lack of progress.

I'm not making it up :)

And now, back to the usual messages ... 'Hey lardy, just eat less, exercise more!', 'Move fork less, legs more!', 'A calorie is a calorie!', 'That's low carb, it will kill you!' (it's 'adequate carb' actually, and it won't), 'It's all water weight!' ...

You did ask ;)