Help! I look pregnant...and I need it to stop!

Options
So I have ALWAYS had a tummy! Even at three years old my mom told me people would ask what was wrong with me. I was thin everywhere else, but always a pot belly! Then I gained weight to match said belly and here I am today. I honestly look pregnant and it is so hard. I miscarried in March and with every "are you pregnant?" question, I die a little more inside. I need to know ant tips, tricks, or advice to blasting this particular area. It would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    lol...I have the tummy prob also....I did my measurements yesterday when I first started this site and I measured 40 inches! Sorry, that just screams fat *kitten*. As a matter of fact, my hubby and I were in Costco one day shopping and some chick asked me when my baby was due.....I almost had a cow! Perhaps if I had that cow, it would make my tummy smaller. Tummy probs are in my family....my mother has had 2 tummy tuck surgeries! I found this site yesterday hoping to trim up a bit.....
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    lol...I have the tummy prob also....I did my measurements yesterday when I first started this site and I measured 40 inches! Sorry, that just screams fat *kitten*. As a matter of fact, my hubby and I were in Costco one day shopping and some chick asked me when my baby was due.....I almost had a cow! Perhaps if I had that cow, it would make my tummy smaller. Tummy probs are in my family....my mother has had 2 tummy tuck surgeries! I found this site yesterday hoping to trim up a bit.....
    Yummy problems in my family here my mom, grandma and my aunts all have that droopy hanging belly...that goes to you know what. I inherited it as well. When I lose weight all that low flab gets thinner but flabbier...Do you know what I am saying?
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ugh... hope for some answers, cause I'm plagued with it too :(
  • lanettamoore
    Options
    theres a product called prolessa duo made by herbalife it burns belly fat and inches off your mid section it works.
  • lanettamoore
    Options
    also cardio and crunches will work
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss. I have the potbelly tummy too when my legs and butt looks great and it's annoying!!!! I have the huge boobs problem as well as the tummy problem too...ugh!!!!!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You could always check and see if you have a food intolerance that you don't know about. I was working out really hard and eating right so I just could not understand why my stomach was still so big. Turns out I'm lactose intolerant and I have a wheat intolerance as well lol. I cut out dairy and wheat and BOOM! My tummy went down a ridiculous amount . All that time I was just bloated and I had no clue because that's how it always was lol.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    theres a product called prolessa duo made by herbalife it burns belly fat and inches off your mid section it works.
    There is no single food, supplement, vitamin, potion, pill, magic spell, incantation, device, machine or exercise that will selectively "burn belly fat". Spot reducing is a myth. The solution is not what everybody wants to hear, but it's the truth - eat at a deficit and you will gradually lose the fat deposited on your body. At some point (usually at the very last because nature likes to be cruel like that), it will go away from your belly/midsection/love handles.

Ab exercises can help give you a strong core - but they won't change the fact that those muscles are buried under a layer of fat. Exercises work muscles, they don't work fat. All the "magic pills/potions" and "miracle ab exercisers" you can buy are designed to do one thing and one thing only - pull the wool over your eyes with a bunch of hyped-up marketing B.S. and part you from your money as quickly and frequently as possible. None of them have been proven to work and none of them DO work.

Eat less, move more and have patience. Your genetics dictate where fat goes on and where it comes off.
  • Bolthouse26
    Bolthouse26 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem but lately it has started migrating to my legs. It all looks like baby fat on my body and I've never been pregnant. It really sucks. I want to do cardio but it just gets so boring if I have to run more than 10 minutes on the treadmill. any suggestions ?
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    You could always check and see if you have a food intolerance that you don't know about. I was working out really hard and eating right so I just could not understand why my stomach was still so big. Turns out I'm lactose intolerant and I have a wheat intolerance as well lol. I cut out dairy and wheat and BOOM! My tummy went down a ridiculous amount . All that time I was just bloated and I had no clue because that's how it always was lol.

wow!!! good info... makese sense... glad you found out!
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I know that when my wife and I removed wheat/gluten from our diet, we immediately noticed a difference in the flatness of our stomach. Even before we were losing weight, we felt like we looked better and felt less bloated in that area.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I had a full term food baby in April and now I'm down to 4-5 months along ;). I've mainly done Zumba-cardio party dvd, flat abs dvd, and sculpt and tone dvd. I added Jillian Michael's Burn fat, Boost metabolism about a month ago and that's helped, as well. All of those dvds have exercises that not only burn serious calories, but work on your core too. There is also a 15 min ab workout that I found from Sparkspeople and it's really hard, it works your core like crazy. You can find the video on Youtube, just go to Sparkspeople's channel. And I'm sorry for your loss...
  • vespertinestar
    Options
    You might not be able to spot burn fat but a lot of my big belly problem started to look better when I started cardio and basic core exercises. Sure that fat was still there back then but because of my stronger core I had a better posture which made it look a whole lot better. So yeah, maybe give that a try?

Matt
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    Me too!! I need to make my stomach flatter but you cant spot reduce, if you lose the fat though you can tone up your stomach with exercises like sit ups:)
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Oh I could have easily passed for abut 7 months pregnant before I lost weight.. really. When you lose the weight the bloating will stop. Also cut out bread if you can, that's what I did
    x
  • Donyalr
    Donyalr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have lost 41 lbs so far. It has been a really long time since someone asked me if I am pregnant. I use to hate getting that question. I still have quite a ways to go. I can only imagine how much better my belly will look once I reach my goal weight. It really helps to keep me motivated.
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have always had a big belly, even when I was little as well. I used to always suck it in. Nothing helped mine except getting down to a low weight. When I was actually technically underweight my tummy was flat IF I didn't eat anything. The second any food went in there I looked pregnant again. I think there might be something wrong with me like an intolerance or something. If not, then I guess I will be forever sucking it in. Sorry I don't have better news.