What I did wrong today......

Options
I did not exercise at all. Who am I kidding I haven't exercised in weeks. Ate way too much last night. Woke up this morning......went to Taco Bell. Then ate some Skittles Candy. Skittles. Really? Im a grown *kitten* man. Why am I eating Skittles. Then drank a Pepsi 20oz. Then a coke 12oz can. Then ate some grilled chicken for dinner. Guess that one isnt so bad. Now currently into some Bud Light beer.

And today I was supposed to be good. That was the plan at least. What happened?

Have not been logging food intake in ages either.

I guess what is hard for me is having faith in the whole process and sticking with it. Because lets be honest, at first, you will see LITTLE to NO results. Other than being sore and tired from work outs, craving bad foods, etc. That part can go on for WEEKS. And by then, ive usually given in / given up. Guess thats my problem right there........lack of faith. I fear that all that work, commitment, etc will amount to NOTHING, and I simply end up looking stupid for trying.

Replies

• sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    just start logging even when u suck. thats the only thing that woke me up. I had late night mcds and then more fast food for supper, 2 donuts at work. UGGGH and thats with working out and I was over still (i recently changed my goal so it doesn't look it) I have fallen on and off the wagon numerous times. But each minute is a new minute. 10 minutes ago I failed by stuffing a damn donut in my mouth along w/ my sensible cheerios but guess what. Whats done is done and I am moving on. We can all do this. It just takes climbing back up on that horse every damned time we fall off. :)
  • Jenilyn30
    Options
    Hey!! We all have those days. EERRR weeks.... Months..... We all have fallen off the bang wagon on this. I know I have. So many times, more that I would like to admit. That is why there are sites like, Myfitnesspal.com, to help motivate us, keep things simple to track, make it a little more tangible for us through our processes, and most important build a community that can sympathize with us and also act as motivators.
    I usually lose the first 10 pounds pretty easily, but can't tell, I feel just as fat. My body starts to shift and i just feel gross with everything shifting. The key for me, well at least this time is that I am doing this for myself. I want to be healthy. I want to feel good in my skin again (it has been YEARS!!!).
    I understand the, This is pointless, I haven't lost any weight, why am i working out and not getting any where?........ Lets not sugar coat it, IT SUCKS, IT SUCKS HARD!!!!
    Soooo..... my point and I am getting to it. Shift your thinking, this is definitely easier said then done. It has taken me a long while to get my head wrapped around this and the constant reminder that this is going to pay off in more ways then one.
    I adjusted my goals, instead of my goals being I want to drop X amount of pounds, it was I want to be able to walk into any store and be able to find something that I can fit into, I don't want to be squishy anymore ( :( ), I want to be healthy so I can be with my son and watch him grow up. My health is first now and not the pressure of being thin (it does creep up and takes a toll on me, however, I reassert my goals to myself) and i know by eating the crap that I was, I was going to have some really really horrible health issues.
    This process is def a difficult and challenging one. We are a society of instant success, and when we do not get it, we become cynical or discouraged. I know I am guilty of this.
    Overall, be patient with yourself, reassert your goals, your wants and desires and work toward that. Try to shift your thinking, make it more health based and most importantly, do this for yourself, because that is what is going to bring you closer to your goals.
    Keep the faith!! Huggles.
  • roguestates
    Options
    Always log, no matter how "badly" you think you're doing. There's always the next meal. You have to think of the big picture, of how you want to look and feel each day for the rest of your life.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    just start logging even when u suck. thats the only thing that woke me up. I had late night mcds and then more fast food for supper, 2 donuts at work. UGGGH and thats with working out and I was over still (i recently changed my goal so it doesn't look it) I have fallen on and off the wagon numerous times. But each minute is a new minute. 10 minutes ago I failed by stuffing a damn donut in my mouth along w/ my sensible cheerios but guess what. Whats done is done and I am moving on. We can all do this. It just takes climbing back up on that horse every damned time we fall off. :)

I agree with this--the logging even when you make bad choices.. that was a wake-up call to me today in fact. I logged a bunch of brownies and the day before that, brownies *and* cookies.. I see that crap on there and it's embarrassing and is pretty much a giant "Duh! No wonder I'm gaining weight" lightbulb over my head. As a result I've made good choices otherwise and haven't overeaten.
  • deletedusernameaccount
    Options
    i look forward (if it ever comes) to when i can post my scale image of how much weight ive lost since i joined MFP......right now its gone to the left instead of the right but i hope i can post it to others to show that it can be done, even if it takes forever like it seems to be with me
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    241927811203278880_9aoNudKq_c.jpg

288019338639365791_nr9cgpUs_c.jpg
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    We do all have those day! Last week I had a whole week!

Keep logging it makes you so aware of what passes your lips!, its how we pick ourselves up afterards that matters more! Put it behind you and move on. Make better choices, Changing your lifestyle is no small task, it takes time and soon enough you do it without thinking about it.

We will always have days when we dont eat right or eat to much or simply pig out. I know I do, What i also know is that those days no longer come around as often as they used to and they are not nearly as damaging as they used to be.

Bit by Bit we change, take it easy and dont be angry with yourself. :flowerforyou:

Be kind to your body, be kind to your heart! What we are doing is HUGE!
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    and now for what you did right!
    You logged on to MFP & got some support!
    Log what goes in, move your butt a bit but not enough to hurt too much & take one day at a time........it's the only way!
  • dbdimples58
    Options
    You NEVER look stupid for trying!!!!! The fact is that you DO!!! Each day is a new day, put your best foot forward, and, when your'e doing good, and you get ready to put that "BAD" food in your mouth, say to yourself....."I'm really doing good today, is this donut (or whatever) really worth it?" Well, that's what works for me. And......, ya gotta BELIEVE IN YOU!!! :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Try to find other ways to track your progress. I know if I was just trying to lose weight those first few weeks, I would have thought, "This isn't worth it," and quit.

But I wanted to be fit, strong and healthy, not just thinner. I was starting the Couch to 5k, and each week, when I was able to increase my distance, I had a victory, no matter what the scale said or how my clothes fit or whether I could see any difference in the mirror. Then I started a 9 week challenge in the EA Active Sports 2 "game" on the PS3. And each week with that, there was a weekly fit test to check your average & max heart rate and recovery time. Seeing little things like, "OMG, my heart rate was up to 180 last week when doing that exercise, and this week it only went up to 160," is a victory.

And you know, having that attitude back then is just as important now that I'm maintaining my weight. It's easy to say lose motivation when you're not seeing changes and results. I have to find new ways to stay motivated, because it's too easy to think, "I'm happy where I am. I don't need to watch what I eat, exercise, etc...."
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Get thee to the success stories for a little inspiration on how trusting the process really does work, it just takes time.

Start back easy - tomorrow track EVERYTHING, good and bad. Try and get a little exercise in, even if it's just a 20-minute walk.

Gradually make better choices over the weekend, noting how much better you feel.

You'll get there :flowerforyou:
  • Aimeebird1
    Aimeebird1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I hear you, What i've worked out is if i've eaten bad instead of going the whole day I simple say thats it! I'm starting to be good from right now. 8 weeks on and finally I have good days at least 6 times a week. A food plan for the week helps me so you know what your eating and can prepare for it. If i get to the point that im starving i will eat anything so i make all my meals and snacks the night before to stop me getting to that stage.

You have totally got this, start again right now!!

Also i find the more exercise you do the less you want to eat bad foods coz of all the hard work your putting in.
  • angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i look forward (if it ever comes) to when i can post my scale image of how much weight ive lost since i joined MFP......right now its gone to the left instead of the right but i hope i can post it to others to show that it can be done, even if it takes forever like it seems to be with me
    When I first started MFP I never used it, then by the time I started using it I had gained 15-20 pounds(so my weight was 15-20 pounds lighter on the site which was discouraging). I never felt like I was gettiing ahead and I wanted to see the scale image move too so I started over. I went in and logged my current weight for a fresh start. That really helped.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I did not exercise at all. Who am I kidding I haven't exercised in weeks. Ate way too much last night. Woke up this morning......went to Taco Bell. Then ate some Skittles Candy. Skittles. Really? Im a grown *kitten* man. Why am I eating Skittles. Then drank a Pepsi 20oz. Then a coke 12oz can. Then ate some grilled chicken for dinner. Guess that one isnt so bad. Now currently into some Bud Light beer.

And today I was supposed to be good. That was the plan at least. What happened?

Have not been logging food intake in ages either.

I guess what is hard for me is having faith in the whole process and sticking with it. Because lets be honest, at first, you will see LITTLE to NO results. Other than being sore and tired from work outs, craving bad foods, etc. That part can go on for WEEKS. And by then, ive usually given in / given up. Guess thats my problem right there........lack of faith. I fear that all that work, commitment, etc will amount to NOTHING, and I simply end up looking stupid for trying.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get the same results you have always got!
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Brother, I've done that same **** for 30 years... it got me here.

Now we've got to something different... it will get us where we want to be.

I didn't get here overnight, I won't get there overnight... but if I commit myself to health the way I committed myself to food and laziness, I WILL GET THERE!
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Let's put it this way. Say you were gifted with this awesome car. It has the power to do AWESOME things. It could win a big money car race, for example, but for whatever reason, you will never be able to race it.

Would you put the cheapest grade gas in it? Never do any maintenance at all? Change the tires when they get bald, oil changes, etc. You would still take care of that car even if you thought you could never put it in that great race and win it.

So why would you do the same thing to your body?

I am stuck at the halfway mark to my goals. I have a lot of bad days too, since I haven't seen movement in a long time. But at the end of the day, I have to remind myself that even if you don't lose an ounce, it is never a waste of time or energy to fuel and move your body and take care of it the way that you were meant to.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Log everything! We all have bad days (weekends, weeks, months) but by logging everything it means you can't hide away from it, you're not in denial, you can see where you went wrong, learn from it and move on.

Sure, you might make the same mistake again, but I bet it's less frequently and not as badly. When I started on MFP there were weekends where I'd say it was a day off and I could go over by 3k cals, now I think it's a treat day if i go over by 1k.

Keep at it and you'll get a whole different mindset :drinker:
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CrazyBullies
    Options
    These are great motivations! I know i have those types of days/weeks/months alot... i know this week i havent worked out really at all.....Its good to know that everyone out there deals with it too....
  • deletedusernameaccount
    Options
    thankyou EVERYBODY for the replies. I really appreciate it. I think with the proper dedication to logging all food intake, regular exercise, and a positive attitude that I can succeed in not only losing weight, but just being healthier and feeling better.