Kia Ora from Wellington, NZ

Options
I've read great things about MFP so thought I'd check it out. I'll be 40 next year (sob sob), have 2 young kids, and have been a yo yo dieter since my teenage years. I lost 43 kgs a few years ago then gained every single last kilogram (sob sob again). Anyhoo, I got to a point that my weight was affecting mobility, breathing and stamina and I couldn't stand it anymore. I joined a 6 week bootcamp type programme at the gym where I work and I've steadily lost 15kg in 3 months. Yay! So here I am continuing the progress I've already made. Nice to 'meet' you all.

Replies

• fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes! Another kiwi!!! :) I'm in Hamilton, Waikato great to see another kiwi on here!!
  • splitendswoman
    splitendswoman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me!! I am 42, mother of two boys, and have also been through the heartache of gaining and losing weight, gaining and losing, gaining and losing, all of my life. I am determined to do it this time, once and for all - I usually get close to my goal before I start listening to everyone saying "you've lost enough weight now" and "you look so skinny - have a cake", but I'm not going to listen to anyone this time. I'm gonna do what I wanna do.

SW: 187lbs
    CW:177lbs
    GW: 130lbs

(OP - I live in Canterbury in the South Island - the pound measurements may have thrown you, but I prefer measuring in pounds as opposed to kgs - makes me feel like I've lost more - lol!!!)
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Nice to see there are some fellow kiwis on here. Funny isn't it that when you lose weight people (ie family) become an expert on what you should weigh and when you should stop. People sabotage your progress in order to validate their own lifestyle choices. What is really different for me now is that I've changed my focus from food and weight loss to health and wellbeing. I just love the endorphins from cardio and pumping weights. I've also been to 2 seminars and read books by Dr Libby - she's fantastic and so inspirational - just makes you want to treat your body better.
  • braizedpunk
    Options
    Kia Ora from Sydney Aus - lol. Im not a kiwi but im happily married to a maori and will be getting dual citizenship... so does that make me a kiwi? hehehhe.

Well im not a mother, and I wish I had kids... but alas im a 28 y.o Aussie bloke who has married the man of his dreams in Queenstown NZ a few weeks ago.

I would love some kiwi love on this site, its seems there are lots of stupid yanks and feral Aussies on here.

Add me and we can help each other with motivation and success - or a bit of Aussie V's Kiwi rivalry :-P

Choice,
  • IAM_WORTH_IT
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :happy: always great to have more kiwis in here :wink: even the ones that happen to be married to aussies :tongue:
  • Smurftastic
    Smurftastic Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in Wellington too. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • chrism14
    chrism14 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Kia Ora. I too am in wgtn and started seriously using MFP in aug and log everyday. MFP and all my new friends has really improved my food choices and increased my daily exercise. Feel free to add me , it would be nice to include friends in the same time zone :happy:
  • sallysuze
    sallysuze Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    G'day, me too, feel free to add me as a friend, I am only 5 days in, 30 kg to lose. I am down in Otago.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised at how many NZers (and honorary NZers who are married to a kiwi). Great to see I won't be lonely here in windy Wellington. I'm still finding out how this site works but hopefully it'll be a useful tool in my journey to shed 20kg and rediscover myself.
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi ya, a fellow NZer here from Cambridge Waikato. Please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • foodisfuelforlife
    Options
    Wellington also!! Good luck and feel free to add :)
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    NZ'er here too, Taranaki. Feel free to add me (anyone!).
  • NicoleNeverman
    Options
    Hi! I'm done in Dunedin. Anyone can add me! It's great to have NZ friends on here :smile:
  • BecsBennett
    BecsBennett Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's awesome to see so many Kiwis on here! I'm new to MFP, been doing it for nearly 2 weeks. I'm finding it addictive logging all my cals for the day. I'm up in Auckland and I'm looking at losing 15kgs (or more) my goal weight at this stage is 65kgs. First goal though is getting down to 75kgs. Feel free to add me! :)
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm a 37 yo Australian who lives in California. I have 2 kids and have been on MFP since June. Since then I've lost 35kgs and have another 35 to go. Feel free to add me. I am on here every day and would love more friends to share the journey with. That goes for anyone posting here, not just the OP :)