Getting a bloated tummy flat

Options
eireannyoung
eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
Hi all! Need some advice on this if you have any. I have a really round, bloated tummy all the time from digestive disorders (suspected Celiac Disease). I don't have much fat on my stomach and I'm actually trying to gain weight, it's definitely all from bloating.

Every time I eat it looks like I'm a few months pregnant. The thing is, I'm getting some photographs of me on Sunday afternoon and want to do a few bikini shots to show my fitness progress. The only idea I can think of is not to eat for the entire day, but I get super-crabby when I can't eat for hours!

I'm hoping maybe there's some things I could eat and some things I should avoid? I'm guessing that I should keep sodium levels very low (which will be hard in 100 degree weather, I'll probably have to consume a little bit at least). Should I avoid carbs and consume mostly fats/protein? Any other ideas? Right now I eat Paleo with only a couple exceptions.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• MissTexas25
    Options
    I think your right to stay away from sodium if possible. And the night before,as well as the day of the photos, keep hydrated with water based veggies like celery and salad/spinach. Try to skip all the bread, or anything that makes you gassy of course! Lol
  • barbarajohnson
    Options
    Stay away from all wheat products, sweets and foods that cause gassiness/bloating like beans, broccoli, cucumber carbonated drinks, dairy, corn, carrots and red meat. Fill up on chicken, fish and low glycemic vegetables like lettuce, tomato, squash, asparagas.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Are you already on a glutin free diet? Make sure that you avoid pretty much anything that has wheat or may be processed in the same place as wheat. Try to avoid sugar because if you have celiac then the damage that the glutin has done to your digestive system makes it very sensitive to sugar. Fruit and veg are fine (as long as they don't make you gassy) besns are even ok if you eat them a lot and your body has adjusted to it. Drink lots of water and maybe avoid dairy too. More than anything, HAVE FUN!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :huh: so basicly only eat lettuce and fruit...?
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I'm always less bloated when I avoid sodium, carbs and dairy. I'd stick with meats, veggies and a lott of water
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    OH! And asparagus has diuretic properties! So eat a lot of that!
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Fart.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Stay away from dairy & grains. Don't chew gum- you might be swallowing air. Drink at least 2 L of water
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I read a fab book called The Flat Belly Diet, it's mostly about eating healthy fats, but it gives you a plan that starts specifically with an anti-bloat section. Can't remember what was in it but might be worth a try. I admit I never followed the plan, but I incorporated a lot of the ideas into my diet and it's all been sound.
  • eireannyoung
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice! I'll do my best and let you know how it goes :)
  • eireannyoung
    Options
    Oh yeah, to answer some questions... I have been gluten-free for quite a while and I'm also dairy-free (lactose intolerance that is hopefully temporary). I follow the Paleo diet, although I make exceptions for potatoes, peanut butter, and sugar.