Trust the Maths!

Options
Hey all,

I started MFP about 3 weeks ago and dropped 4-5 pounds super quick. I was worried and posted about dropping weight too quickly and crashing. One of the responders gave me the great advice of ignoring the scale, sticking to the calorie goal and letting the maths do the rest. So I did. Today I am at 159 and have been there fora week. This is a real marker for me as it has been my "hover point" for a long time when I have attempted weight loss, but I've not managed to stay here for any length of time. The Maths Works!!! Enter the food, enter the exercise, trust the programme, the weight loss happens :) here's to the future!

Replies

• ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Well said! You are doing great and it is not a race...its lifelong. Keep it up .
  • paperducks
    Options
    Could not agree with you more! I'm throwing away the scale today :smile: I may not be losing as quickly as I would like, but I feel better already from working out. Plus, I look forward to my next workout!
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Exactly! We often forget that it took time to gain the weight. When we start on our weight loss journey, we want it right now & get very impatient when the weight doesn't come off as fast as we think it should. It takes time. Do the little things every day that you know will work...eating healthy & exercise...and the weight WILL come off. Be patient!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I :heart: math! :tongue:

The OP is right! Know your numbers, do the math, and be consistent. That's all it takes! I've lost 5 inches in 6 weeks! :happy:
  • kbryandmore
    kbryandmore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay, I want to trust the math, I really do! But which math is it? I'm seeing people on here eat more, eat less, eat back exercise calories, not eat them back. what the heck?

I have lost 5 lbs. but not sure if it's the type of food consummed, total calories, etc. I was doing 1200, but then read on here that that's not right. Now, I'm at 1500, sometimes eating back, sometimes not. I've lost 5 lbs.in 6 weeks, but have been flat for 2-3 of those weeks, or even blipped back up to starting weight.

Thanks for the help!