Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Usually between 54 - 58.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    When I wake up in the morning, mine is normally around 50-55.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    46-48bpm
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Ok. I was wondering because mine is 46-50 bpm and most of the information says that is abnormal in non-athletes, so I was wondering what other people clock in at. Sounds like I am fine.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    In the low to mid 50s. Before I started exercising so much it was around 75.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Ok. I was wondering because mine is 46-50 bpm and most of the information says that is abnormal in non-athletes, so I was wondering what other people clock in at. Sounds like I am fine.

If you work out a lot - you're an athlete and your heart rate will be lower. If you feel dizzy, faint, tired, weak, etc. then you should get it checked out.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    60 :-)
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Between 55-57.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    55-60
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    When I was heavy it was about 80 as the years went by it continued to drop as my weight dropped it got below 60 I called my SIL a DR and asked him I was concerned he said sit down get up sit down get up how do you feel I said fine no dizziness no problems he said dont worry I asked when should I worry he said when you get under 50 call me 3 months ago I called again sit down get up a few times he asked how do you feel I said fine so he said dont worry about it He is familiar with my progress and my joggingwalking running pace etc so even though I am still over 200 pounds my heart is responding in a good way and my resting HR shows it
    Resting HR now 48
  • FitRican
    FitRican Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    60-62.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I have mitral valve prolapse and tachycardia so it runs faster than most. I do take medication for it and my resting heart rate runs 68 average.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    When I was fat @179lbs, it was in the 90's. Now that I'm down to 139 and 23% body fat, it's in the high 50's, low 60s. No wonder I don't feel as tired anymore. :)
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Mine has been in the 46-50 range lately, and my husband's has been this low for a while. Although it is theoretically "normal" for an athlete, our physician is still a little concerned about us getting enough electrolytes (especially magnesium).
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    58 last time I checked. You've reminded me I need to check again though, cause that was a couple of months ago and I'm a bit more active now (if that's even possible)!
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    currently 48-50 bpm.....when I'm in top shape, around 40 bpm.
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    around 64 every morning when i wake up. When i was 19 and working out everyday in the military my resting was general 45-50.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    So currently sitting watching Olympics on TV and it's 44-46 bpm, which is about normal for me. I don't feel dizzy or weak. I was very fit as a teenager as I was rowing, but didn't do a lot from 22-32, and started running again at 32. I am now 35 and run about 20 miles a week plus circuit training, I don't consider myself an athlete, but I am moderately fit. My max HR is about 191.
  • cloarmo
    cloarmo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    we checked our HR in the office today. Mine was 47 sitting at my desk and another woman's was 97. Everyone is different. Just did the sit down stand up sit down stand up and was fine so ai guess I am ok. I am 41yrs old and do exercise moderately every day, walk, kog, or bike ride.
  • jones137
    jones137 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight 5 months ago mine was 72-75. Today it's in the low 50's.....and I feel great.

My blood pressure was also 120-130/ / 80 and today it's 110/60. The benefits of lower weight and a lot of exercise.