I'm getting my life back on track...

Options
Hi, my name is Lora. I used to be 112lbs, but since having surgery on my back I have gained 30lbs and would really like to get back to my old shape. So 112lbs to 142lbs doesn't seem to be a whole lot on here, many of the blog posts I see are people working their way down from 200lbs+, but I feel like no matter how much weight you have to lose everyone needs support. I'm only 5'3" so that extra 30lbs really shows, I'm not overweight when I check my BMI, and I wasn't underweight before, but I FELT healthier. I had more energy and strength. I can't wear half of my old clothes and I really want to get back into them. I have recently been cleared to excercise again and get back to 'normal' activity so now I want to tackle the weight I have gained while I couldn't excercise.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips or is in the same bracket of weight loss please let me know!

Replies

• lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    Don't apologize for how little you have to lose! I think it's awesome that you are taking control of your life now, while you have only 30 to go. I wish I hadn't waited to do something until my number climbed so high!

Also, there are plenty of people on here who are working to lose 20 - 50 lbs. :)

I'm new here too. I hope you like this site & find it helpful. I think it's awesome. From the calorie tracker to these message boards, this site has helped me A LOT in just the short time I've been here.
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    Don't apologize for how little you have to lose! I think it's awesome that you are taking control of your life now, while you have only 30 to go. I wish I hadn't waited to do something until my number climbed so high!

Also, there are plenty of people on here who are working to lose 20 - 50 lbs. :)

I'm new here too. I hope you like this site & find it helpful. I think it's awesome. From the calorie tracker to these message boards, this site has helped me A LOT in just the short time I've been here.
  • LoraBenzie
    Options
    Right... So I'm considering giving myself something to work towards.. I've always wanted to do the Moonwalk in London, but for May all the places are full. I can either enter the Southampton Sunwalk in April or the Edinburgh Moonwalk in June, I'm going to have to work out timings and figure out which one I can be more prepared for.

And...

Looking more closely at my BMI I was a touch over weight, after losing 2lbs I'm at 24.8 and 25 is considered overweight. Only just, but I'm not going to let it slide.
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    When I was 28 I vowed to run a marathon when I was 30. Well that didn't happen! haha. Now I'm hoping to run a 5K later this year and a marathon in a year or two. Working toward something definitely helps me stay on track.
  • gmarie826
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I myself am new to the site. Lora I agree with you I am 5'1 and 195lbs and because of my height it really shows. I used to be 130 lbs and I loved it. I have thyroid disease which caused me to gain so much weight. My thyroid gland is now stabilized and I am having a hard time losing the weight. I just started attending the gym 5 days a week and doing a workout of 45 minuted a day. I am hoping with the support of this site and others like us, we can see a change. Together we should overcome our weight gain ladies.... and Lazy girl how can someone quit with the support you are giving lol. Good luck ladies I hope it goes well with you guys and I will share my progress with you and hope you guys do the same. I will send a lot of support you way :-)