Songs and your memories of them

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Everybody add their own!

Enter Sandman--- Whenever I hear this song I think of Jr.High Dances and standing in a big circle and headbanging.
Yeah, I was coooooooooool.

Replies

• Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Mmmbop - Whenever I hear this song I think of summer. I think of my niece and I running around singing it. Jumping on beds, brushes as microphones..singing our little hearts out.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Whenever I hear Sublime - What I got. I get emotional lol When I saw them live with all my high school friends, it was the greatest night of my life! being with old friends, amazing music and booze...Epic!
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Green Day - Time of Your Life - it was inexplicably the last song they played at my high school prom. Prom was outside at this hotel...I hear that song and see sparkly lights, feel the fluttery heart of future promises and loves and possibility.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Barenaked Ladies - The Old Apartment. Sometimes it's too hard to listen to because it makes me miss college so much.
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Barenaked Ladies - The Old Apartment. Sometimes it's too hard to listen to because it makes me miss college so much.

Ick. LOL. I wouldn't go back to college...or really any other point in my life. sometimes the memories cause my heart to ache, but not because I want to actually go back. I love where I am right now.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven - Back in high school, my long distance crush (10 hrs away) was in a band, and one night we were on the phone and he played Stairway for me on his guitar. I fell asleep...good thing my parents had a really good LD phone plan!
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    The Richard Marx song "right here waiting for you" , makes me think of my very best friend.
    She used to have this keyboard, and she would play like the first 6 bars, but that's all she knew.
    lol
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Nirvana's Teen spirit or anything of the never mind album , it always reminds me of spring.
  • jmuller06
    jmuller06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Train - Drops of Jupiter........makes me smile. Back in July '09 my then 12 yr old daughter and I went to a free concert at the Rock Hall.......Lonestar with Brother Trouble opening. We were having so much fun then Lonestar did a cover of Drops of Jupiter. We sang every word and danced around the lawn together through the entire song. :happy: (Brought a smile to my face just typing this)
  • dinosnopro
    Options
    Everybody add their own!

Enter Sandman--- Whenever I hear this song I think of Jr.High Dances and standing in a big circle and headbanging.

I'm a Metallica fan, but I hated pretty much that whole album. When they started playing Metallica on the pop stations, this was my face :frown: and then it went to this :explode:
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    Everybody add their own!

I'm a Metallica fan, but I hated pretty much that whole album. When they started playing Metallica on the pop stations, this was my face :frown: and then it went to this :explode:
    I was 13, gimme a break!
  • dinosnopro
    Options
    Everybody add their own!

I was 13, gimme a break!

You callin' me old? LOL
  • AprilRenewed
    Options
    Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven - Back in high school, my long distance crush (10 hrs away) was in a band, and one night we were on the phone and he played Stairway for me on his guitar. I fell asleep...good thing my parents had a really good LD phone plan!

That song makes me think of my parents who are now divorced. LOL. Have been for...gosh almost 20 years. Anyway, they said they met at a dance and danced to that song...and kept slow dancing into the next few faster songs.

I do love that song though.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Hey good lookin - hank Williams. My grandparents kept us after school everyday. I'd be in the kitchen making dinner with my gma and my grandpa would come in and sing the first few lines to her and kiss her on the head. Every day she acted annoyed but You could tell she adored it. I still play this song when I cook :)

Sir mix a lot - buttermilk biscuits. 6th grade dance. I'd rather not remember it. Lol
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have way too many to pick just one or two!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    The song that makes me think of my college years is, "Friends in Low Places". It's embarrassing to think how many times we drunk-sang that song.