The new rules of weight lifting for women!

Options
hi guys are just wonderd if any of you ladies have looked at this book & what you think of the nutritional guide? X

Replies

• stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've done stage 1 and am now doing a modified stage 2 (sort of NR mixed w/Strong lifts). I agree with the idea of eating more and have been doing so for about a month and a half. I used this calculator, though, http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/. There is also a group especially for Eating More 2 Lose and alot of those ladies lift and/or do NR.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Agree that this group is awesome!

I'm just past half-way through stage 4, and I don't follow the nutrition plan perfectly, but I do try for 40/30/30, and did set my base calories according to the book's calculations (with the 300 cal. deficit). Instead of eating the book's calculation on workout days though, I eat more if my HRM tells me I burned more calories, plus I eat most/all of my cardio calories on non-lifting days.
  • SweetPea482
    SweetPea482 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have it, and im on Stage 5 of 7. i LOVE every bit of it. As far as the nutrition part... i kind of follow my own path, but i stay close to all of the beliefs and guidelines. I eat my own recipes, etc... but i cleaned up my eating quite a bit, with more protein, less processed carbs, etc. The lifting part has made me more aware of how my body reacts to foods. It really is an amazing program to follow, whether it is tot he letter, or a slightly personalized version.

I hope you try it!
  • Bransonlee
    Bransonlee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started, but so far I have found that it really does make you hungrier, lol. So I am moderately raising my calories and listening to my body... The nutrition part of the book lost me when he started talking about artificial sweeteners being ok. I have worked really hard to clean up my eating and I am pretty picky about advice now, lol.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I follow the plan, just started stage 2 but don't follow the nutrition plan :)

I recomend the book though :)