Reward System????

Options
124»

Replies

• hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm also really visual. This week I'm thinking of starting a project with two jars containing beads, where each bead is a token. One jar is "Weight To Go" and one jar is "Weight Lost." At the end I want to redeem the tokens for a personal goal.

That way, it's something I can look at every day. It's always good to remind yourself of what you want and how far you've come -- and what you're willing to do to get there.

I will probably steal this.....I like this idea!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    when I hat my ultamite goal, Im getting a tattoo down my side :) I need to think of mini goals so I can keep motivated
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    Nice topic!!!

I want to do 20 lbs incriments,

CW 249
    1GW 220..Bed and breakfast with the bf
    2ndGW 199..Duck (Oregon Duck) memrobilia
    3rd GW 175..Trip (somewhere tropical)

:)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i'm not a dog, so i don't reward myself.
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a reward system, with small rewards along the way. My problem (and please excuse me, because I know this is going to sound obnoxious) is that I'll buy what I want anyway. If I want a pedicure, I get one. If I want a massage, I get one (I actually found a masseuse who is building her practice and I get one-hour massages for $35...needless to say, I go once a month). I find it hard not to buy something that I want or need.

I like the "savings account" type idea...that is, putting money away for each pound or chunk of weight. Since I would need a prize that was impactful, I would probably need to put away like $5+ per pound (I have 80 more to lose) because I'd want a piece of jewelry to wear in honor of my ultimate goal.

I'd rather have one "big" item than small items that I want throughout the process. But that's me :).
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of 15lb increments.
  • hmm33502
    Options
    I love the idea of a reward system, with small rewards along the way. My problem (and please excuse me, because I know this is going to sound obnoxious) is that I'll buy what I want anyway. If I want a pedicure, I get one. If I want a massage, I get one (I actually found a masseuse who is building her practice and I get one-hour massages for $35...needless to say, I go once a month). I find it hard not to buy something that I want or need.

I like the "savings account" type idea...that is, putting money away for each pound or chunk of weight. Since I would need a prize that was impactful, I would probably need to put away like $5+ per pound (I have 80 more to lose) because I'd want a piece of jewelry to wear in honor of my ultimate goal.

I'd rather have one "big" item than small items that I want throughout the process. But that's me :).

This has been my problem too! I'm denying myself spa treatments, massages, small rewards, so that I can enjoy them when I get them! It's tough, but I want a body wrap and body scrub so bad and am willing to lose the lbs to get it!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    WTF just because you reward yourself doesnt make you a dog, it gives you something to look forward too other that body change, something that could realy help me, I have lost 24 lbs but am so tall that it makes very little diffrence in the way I look, so its kinda discouraging, also I dont have alot more weight to lose so its getting hard to lose weight now that I only have 15 lbs left so doing something in between to help myself slowly get to my goal, there is nothing dogish about that
  • Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. As my weight loss is less (30 lbs) I decided to reward myself every 5 with something small like new workout shoes, or a certain amount of money for clothes shopping. I also put in rewards related to my hobbies. I knit, so a reward is yarn for a project. My final reward when I reach goal weight is a new tattoo.

I'm a knitter too and I totally have yarn shopping down as a future reward! Mine so far has been a new workout outfit and new running shoes. Once I hit my goal weight, my last reward is getting a (my first!) tattoo as well!

Great minds.
  • GabsMommy28
    GabsMommy28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm making sure I have mini goals throughout. Soon as I hit the 200's I am getting a few new cd's to workout too. 275 will be a fitbit. 250 getting my hair all done (something I haven't done since I found out I was pregnant over a year ago and I am in dire need).
    But my BIG goal, when I finally hit my overall goal weight, which will likely take close to two years to do it healthy, will be for us to go to Disney World! Something I've always wanted to do and he should be old enough to enjoy most of it and not just think "that's a big f'ing mouse' when he see Mickey.

ETA: OH and if I hit my goal for Christmas I am getting my new tattoo for my son. Something I've been planning for a bit now.
  • l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    Honestly, my health, how I feel & look are the only 'rewards' I was looking for and need(ed). True story.

That for me, too.

I buy new running shoes every 3 months or so...but that's more because I run ~35 miles a week now and just wear them out than because I'm giving myself a reward. At this point my reward is that with every 10 pounds or so, I can run a little faster and a little further...so my obsessing over numerical improvements is a reward in itself.

Ok one reward: The more calories I burn, the more beer I can drink!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I fall asleep thinking about the rewards I'll give myself. I'm also a bit materialistic so mine are pedis/manis, hair extensions and possibly a fresh new color, $400 shopping spree from hubby at my 50lbs "halfway" point and another shopping spree via myself at the end of my journey, a new tattoo, a boudoir photo shoot for hubby and myself, and perhaps even a mini vacation. Sometimes you have to reward yourself to keep things moving along.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    When I get down to my goal weight, I want to dress up as Laura Croft for Halloween.
  • hmm33502
    Options
    When I get down to my goal weight, I want to dress up as Laura Croft for Halloween.

BAM! Love it!

I want to be a UFC ring girl. :)

We'll both get there.

This is really strange, but I want to dress like Sandra Bullock in "The Proposal".....I would like to look hot in a knee length pencil skirt!

We can do it! I'm posting a pencil skirt pic as soon as I get to where I think it looks good!
  • codycisco
    Options
    So far I havent made any goals because when I dont hit them it makes me want to quit all together but when I get to Onederland I plan to buy myself TurboFire! I have been thinking about what I will reward myself when I reach my goal weight but I dont what that will be.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My reward is the way I feel when I get out of bed - strong, healthy, full of energy. Then I look in the mirror and add goddamn beautiful to that list.

But seriously, my last one was a blender, and a new set of workout clothes is coming up. I find if I give myself things that make keeping this up easier, it's double the motivation!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    WTF just because you reward yourself doesnt make you a dog, it gives you something to look forward too other that body change, something that could realy help me, I have lost 24 lbs but am so tall that it makes very little diffrence in the way I look, so its kinda discouraging, also I dont have alot more weight to lose so its getting hard to lose weight now that I only have 15 lbs left so doing something in between to help myself slowly get to my goal, there is nothing dogish about that

I agree. I don't know why someone would think that rewards are for dogs only... We reward our children for good grades, employees are rewarded for a job well done, etc. Rewards are incentives and if it helps to reach your goals, it's great.
    I was just talking to a friend yesterday about what to reward myself with.

I want new boots, so i'm thinking at 15 or 20lbs lost, i'll get them. That should be around 4-6 weeks into this, so it's a fair reward.
    THe next one will either be a massage, or some pants, since i'm hoping mine won't fit anymore. :)
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    When I get to my final goal I will be getting a new tattoo. Something that signifies my journey of losing weight. I can't wait :) Hopefully I can hold out on not getting anymore till then!
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my health, how I feel & look are the only 'rewards' I was looking for and need(ed). True story.

^ This.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!