how many lb's did you lose before you dropped a clothes size

Options

Replies

• innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I would think losing inches would change your size over pounds. You can lose 5 pounds and not lose two inches... just sayin'
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I started at an Aus size 12-14 at approx 71kg & then lost 6 kg (65kg) and was a size 10-12 in approx 4-6 weeks and then lost another 6kg (59kg) and was down to a size 10 by March (that's approx 12 weeks). And since then (March) I have remained around 59kg but started weight training and now I am down to a size 8. :smile:
  • lbelle987
    Options
    The first 30lbs was just one size...then after that, I lost a pants size after 10-15 lbs.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    about 10 pounds.

but, I lost alot of weight in areas where it matters for pants; the butt, legs, tummy area. Some poeple are different.

I started at about 150 in a size 9/10, now at 124 I wear between a 4 to 6 depending on where you shop.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on what you are doing. I have been doing heavy weight lifting for the last 2.5 months and have only lost 9lbs. But I have dropped from a size 12 to a size 6 in that timeframe. My waist has been the most stubborn area to lose too. :smile: Hang in there and maybe change some things up! Best of luck and congrats on your success thus far!!!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • helen0616
    Options
    Every body is different. Some of the girls here are posting about being 200+ at a size 16. I am 177 and just moved fro 16 to 14. These 14s are not going to last long, they already look like I could fit another person in the butt area. But the waist... that is my biggest difficulty.

I also think it takes a long time to drop that first size because we've stretched out our fat clothes in the time we spent saying, "woe is me, I am fat, what can I do? eat a cake."

So really, many of us should have been in 1-2 sizes even larger than what we were but we refused to buy "fatter" clothes so we just went around with massive muffintops. :ohwell:
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    I'm at 179 and in a 16, and pretty much all my weight is in my stomach. I've lost a lot of inches, but mainly in my thighs. I've been in the 16s for the last 20 lbs. Of course, I'm also five feet tall... So, that has a lot to do with it.
  • HotAuntB
    HotAuntB Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Over the years I've heard and read that you can count on going down one size for every 10 pounds you lose. However, that depends in how you're built, how you're losing the weight and where you carry your weight. I'm 5' 3" and weigh almost 180# yet my weight is very well proportioned, I have A LOT of lean body mass due to years of competing in bodybuilding/figure competitions and I look much smaller than most women at my same weight. That said, if I lose around 5# I can go down one size in pants. Your clothing size will going down faster if you are losing weight w/ a combination of diet, cardio vascular exercise as well as strength training versus weight loss that come strictly from calorie reduction. The short answer is that there is no hard and fast number on # you need to lose to drop clothing size.:ohwell:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Get your tape measure out and take measurements! Then visit the website of your favorite store and click on their size chart. That will tell you what your measurements need to be for any given size. Forget the scale and focus on the tape measure. When it comes to clothes, weight is completely irrelevant. Focus on the size of your body, not how much you weigh! :wink:

Lol, so why can't I fit into a 24W? All my measurements say I should.:huh:

I haven't gotten new clothes since my birthday last year. I tried going shopping a few months ago since I had a $50 coupon, but the 24Ws were either too tight in the waist (hip huggers, where the waist is at your mid-pelvis just above the crotch) or too tight in the thighs. I could get into 26Ws, but there were no jeans in that size.

I'd like to believe dropping 64# would put me down a size or two. I have yet to see the proof with myself.
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was told at a store that roughly every 15-20lbs you will lose a size, however, I've only lost 23lbs and I've gone from a 8-10 in sizing to a 2-4, doesn't make sense, really I think it comes down to your body type and where you have dropped the weight..
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It took about 40 lbs for me to go down my first pant size, but I think the more you have to lose the slower your sizes are going to go down.
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    I agree with the posters who say to use a tape measure rather than the scale for this comparison. At the same time, I'm interested to hear others' experiences. I'm down around 13lb and still wearing the same size, but they definitely fit better. Not baggy yet, which tells me that I was in the wrong size to start with. I should have been a US16, was wearing 14s, and might find 12s that fit in a couple large brands but I'm just waiting for the clothes I have to actually start getting baggy when I first put them on in the morning, not after a whole day of stretching them out. :smile:

Edit: Using that site above and my measurements from yesterday, I'm just now a 16. Yay.
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Get your tape measure out and take measurements! Then visit the website of your favorite store and click on their size chart. That will tell you what your measurements need to be for any given size. Forget the scale and focus on the tape measure. When it comes to clothes, weight is completely irrelevant. Focus on the size of your body, not how much you weigh! :wink:

Lol, so why can't I fit into a 24W? All my measurements say I should.:huh:

I haven't gotten new clothes since my birthday last year. I tried going shopping a few months ago since I had a $50 coupon, but the 24Ws were either too tight in the waist (hip huggers, where the waist is at your mid-pelvis just above the crotch) or too tight in the thighs. I could get into 26Ws, but there were no jeans in that size.

I'd like to believe dropping 64# would put me down a size or two. I have yet to see the proof with myself.

zyxst, have you tried Lane Bryant or Fashion Bug with their right size pants? They're designed to fit your body type, if you're smaller in the waist, bigger in the thighs, etc.
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Also... strangely, I dropped a shoe size.
    My shoes are getting looser as well. I thought I was some kind of weirdo. Ha! Glad I'm not the only one. :laugh:
  • Tuten210
    Tuten210 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs...and i've only gone down 1 size. I've lost alot of weight before (about 70lbs) and I only went down a size for every 30-40 lbs lost.... kind of frustrating, but i'm not focusing on that this time around... just feeling better is totally worth this new lifestyle!
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My shoes are getting looser as well. I thought I was some kind of weirdo. Ha! Glad I'm not the only one. :laugh:

You and me both! I've never really mentioned it before or thought much of it, but as I was typing that it felt weird to say.

I remember going to a bowling alley after I dropped a lot of weight. "I'll take a 12.... hm... a bit big. 11 (1/2) please. Hmmmm, nope, 11 please?.... well, maybe I could use a 10 (1/2)"
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options

That's about the only place I've dropped a size. My shoes are falling off now.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    18.5 lbs lost, half way to my goal, and still wearing the same size. But wearing them much better now! :wink:

Back when I was 140, I was wearing size 10s.
    And now I was just 170 and wearing size 12's. ?!! 30lbs and one size?
    Some fit me, some only fit because they were stretchy denim, then some were being stretched to their limit and were giving me serious muffin top. But with one or two exceptions, I refused to wear a size 14 again.
    Now, at 151.5, I'm still wearing size 12's. Granted they fit me different now-- they range from being too big to fitting me just right.
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I concur with the posters who have mentioned that we often are wearing pants that are TOO tight when we first begin losing weight- I am sure I was!

That said- after 44 lbs lost, I am down 1 pant size from what I was wearing, probably 2 from where I should have been!

I try to focus on the way I feel and not the size, but it is hard when you have never been in a single digit pant as an adult and would LOVE to be able to fit into them just once! :love:
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Same for me; it was actually the thing that pushed me over the edge to lose weight. For Christmas last year, my dad gave me a gift certificate to buy some shoes. I found these awesome plaid Vans slip-ons; I have always wanted a pair of Vans and never had one so I decided to get them. I knew they run small, so I ordered a full size and a half up from my normal size. Well, I got them, tried them on, and my feet were just crammed into these things that were huge in comparison to what I'd worn in the past (it's worth noting I hadn't bought shoes in a couple years).

I'd been kicking around the "I should lose weight" idea for a couple weeks and trying to avoid it, but when that happened, I just went, "NO. Screw this." Completely changed my diet right then, dropped a ton of water weight right away, and a week later, I was happily wearing those shoes. Still losing weight, still wearing the shoes!