Eating dessert help?

Options
I know that's a weird subject but I had a sonic blast the other day (almost 900 calories) and not that i'm gonna do that a lot, probably not another until October but still..i waited a few days and have lost several pounds.......what in the world.

Replies

• freyaskitty
    freyaskitty Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, 'shocking' you body with an increased calorie load helps lose weight. There are a lot of 'diets' out there which suggest doing this every day. Not having a Sonic Blast...LOL..but changing the caloric intake daily. One day, eat 1,200, next eat 1,500, and see-saw back and forth. That way, your body doesn't go into starvation mode. I bet that is what happened to you.
  • wattsj56
    wattsj56 Posts: 94
    Options
    well whatever it is, it made me happy and wanna go work out NOW :D. but then i wonder......is my scale wrong? i'm like there is NO way. but yeah, that's what my dad told me to do too :D:D:D.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    "That way, your body doesn't go into starvation mode. I bet that is what happened to you."

Uhh, sorry but 'starvation mode' did not happen. Having one bad day won't mess up your weight loss if you're been otherwise good for the week so it's not surprising that you still lost. :)
  • wattsj56
    Options
    yeah, i have been reasonably good :P. i take in a lot of sodium everyday, a lot more than i should. so maybe my body finally got rid of all that sense i drink so much water.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Just look at it this way.. if you've been eating at a defecit for a period of time and then eat something that tacks on a few calories extra than you've been intaking regularly, you're likely still at a defecit for the week so likely to drop weight regardless.

Hence people loving 'cheat days' so much. :tongue:
  • wattsj56
    Options
    oh yeah, i always at least have a deficient of 1000 calories a day so i can lose 2 pounds a week and a lot of times i go over, so that makes sense!!!!!! thank you :).
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    When I have to have something like that, I will eat half, and give the rest to my husband. HAHA no wonder he needs to lose a little weight!
    I had chocolate cake yesterday but only ate half the piece.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    yeah..it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound. If you have been eating at or below your mfp calories you would not gain from eating the blast..only if you had four of them perhaps.

I also think there is something to calorie zig zag...eating below for a few days..then above for a few..keeping the old body tricked.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    what you've been doing over the last few weeks is what matters, one day here and there won't make a difference. 900 calories is barely a drop in the bucket.
  • wattsj56
    Options
    thanks everyone :):):)!!!!!
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bodies adjust to the same old same old. Sometimes shocking it is fantastic!

Workouts are the same way, if you always speed walk and do zumba every week adding a new workout or a longer workout can change things really fast.

Keep the confusion moving. Good luck. I hope that was really good too by the way, I had Edies skinny type ice cream last night for extra calories and it was NOT fulfilling.