how many lb's did you lose before you dropped a clothes size

Options

Replies

• KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Every body is different. Some of the girls here are posting about being 200+ at a size 16. I am 177 and just moved fro 16 to 14. These 14s are not going to last long, they already look like I could fit another person in the butt area. But the waist... that is my biggest difficulty.

I also think it takes a long time to drop that first size because we've stretched out our fat clothes in the time we spent saying, "woe is me, I am fat, what can I do? eat a cake."

So really, many of us should have been in 1-2 sizes even larger than what we were but we refused to buy "fatter" clothes so we just went around with massive muffintops. :ohwell:

^^ agree. I had to lose 30 lbs in the beginning for my clothes to fit like they should, but now I think it is like 15 lbs can fit another size and at the weight I am now I fit into smaller size than before but I think that is because I am exercising now and never did before.
  • rawebe
    rawebe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started on May 2, 2011 at 360 lbs. and wearing a size 32/34. I am now 267 pounds and am in a size 22. So, five sizes in about 100 pounds? My goal is to be a 14 and to lose 117 pounds.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Get your tape measure out and take measurements! Then visit the website of your favorite store and click on their size chart. That will tell you what your measurements need to be for any given size. Forget the scale and focus on the tape measure. When it comes to clothes, weight is completely irrelevant. Focus on the size of your body, not how much you weigh! :wink:

Lol, so why can't I fit into a 24W? All my measurements say I should.:huh:

I haven't gotten new clothes since my birthday last year. I tried going shopping a few months ago since I had a $50 coupon, but the 24Ws were either too tight in the waist (hip huggers, where the waist is at your mid-pelvis just above the crotch) or too tight in the thighs. I could get into 26Ws, but there were no jeans in that size.

I'd like to believe dropping 64# would put me down a size or two. I have yet to see the proof with myself.

Are you getting the measurements from the same store brand that you are trying them on? I fit into 24W of Kmart brands, but for Target brands, I need a 26W.

Clothes are sewn by measurements, not by weight. And each brand is a little different.

I am amazed at the people 200 lbs plus that are fitting into size 16 or 18. But they are built differently. I have a large frame, so even when I was young and thin, I wore larger sizes than friends that were the same weight as me.
  • aekatie22
    Options
    When I lost my weight the first time I lost 50 pounds and went down 4 pant sizes. I also lost shoe size too went from a 11 to 9-9 1/2 . Now that I've gained back weight I'm up to a 10 shoe size.

Hopefully I will lose and keep it off this time...

26546810.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • erinlea75
    erinlea75 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was 196 at my high and a 16. 193 when I started MFP. Down to 182 and down to a 14. I've lost a lot more in inches than in pounds.
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Also... strangely, I dropped a shoe size.
    My shoes are getting looser as well. I thought I was some kind of weirdo. Ha! Glad I'm not the only one. :laugh:

You and me both! I've never really mentioned it before or thought much of it, but as I was typing that it felt weird to say.

I remember going to a bowling alley after I dropped a lot of weight. "I'll take a 12.... hm... a bit big. 11 (1/2) please. Hmmmm, nope, 11 please?.... well, maybe I could use a 10 (1/2)"

That was one thing I haven't mentioned to anyone thus far. Lol. I really thought my mind was just playing tricks on me. (It does that sometimes, but I'm onto it now...) :noway:
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    You're tall (like me) so I think it will take longer to see your clothing sizes change. I know my clothing sizes have hardly changed since high school, even though now I weigh 30 pounds more than I did then.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    5 pounds. I am short.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    the day i can wear a fourteen instead of a tight sixteen will be the happiest day of my life. just saying.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i went from a size 42 pants down to a 38 in 3 weeks and i had only lost 5lbs
  • wendirella1975
    Options
    This is a little bit opposite/backwards, but I weighted around 115 and wore a size 5/6 comfortably (I am short, only 5'3-1/2" but claim 5' 3" lol) Over the winter I became inactive because I was a little depressed. I gained around 10lbs but went up to a size 9/10 (these are juniors sizes, btw). 10lbs doesn't seem like a WHOLE lot, but when you are short it doesn't spread out as far! lol
    It took me close to 2 months (every using Hydroxicut Hardcore Elite and 30 minutes of elliptical and 1200 calories/day) to lose 5 lbs, so I am down to 120 now, and still wear the 9/10 but they are fitting loose. I can also wear some 7/8's, and have tried some 5/6 pants and they fit tight.
    It is very frustrating, but keep it up and you will see progress!
    Oh, BTW, the first 2 weeks that I started taking the Hydroxicut I WENT UP in weight. I was flipping out! lol But I realized that it was water gain b/c I was drinking SO MUCH water. It melted off quickly! :) lol
  • caincat
    caincat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It took at least 4 months and 26lbs lost before I was able to drop a dress size, like me you probably hold onto the weight in the midriff, and thats frustrating as it isn't always the first place you lose it, so your legs, chest etc. are all getting smaller but you just can't get your waist into 14 trousers. It will come.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    At similar starting stats, it was a good 30-odd pounds before I could say I really dropped a size. At 43lbs lost, I'm now in a small UK 18 or regular UK16, though not all 16s fit in all areas, so roughly a size and a half. I'm built on very big lines though, so I'll likely never be smaller than a small UK14/regular-large 12. My lower abdomen and upper thighs are also being very stubborn, so that skews things a bit.
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    I was 186 lb, wearing size 16, I am now 175 and still wear size 16, but it is fitting loose now. 14 fits, but too tight.
  • maryann123115
    maryann123115 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was 235 when I started and I'm now 200 - so down 35lbs and I'm still wearing the same clothes I did at 235. I wear a size 18 jeans and I can tell they are a lot looser but still comfortable fitting. I'm going to try a different jean size once I've reached 40lbs lost, hopefully it goes smooth!!
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I dropped in clothes well before i dropped on the scale. I still do. I dont care about the number as long as im healthy and feeling good in my clothes
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    about 50-70 pounds before I went from 4x to 3x. now i'm down 126lbs and wear a 1x or 2x.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Like you alluded you've already lost one size (appropriately fitting into your current clothes).

My experience is it took me about 15 lbs to go from a 14 to a 12 and then 10 lbs to go from a 12 to a 10. I think there's a bigger weight gap in the bigger sizes.
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I was a somewhat snug 18 at 222. now I'm at 202 and 18's are loose and a lot of 16's are too snug =/ Can't wait to be a good 16 on my way to a 14!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    im 5' 10" my starting weight was 230lb's and i was squeezing into size 16 clothing (probably should of been an 18!) ive lost 36lb's now weighing in at 194lb and im still wearing size 16's, they are loose everywhere but the size 14's are fine on the thighs and hips but to tight on the wasit. i know everyone is different but roughly how many lb's did you loose before you went down a cothes size?

5'8" started at 258. Biggest pants were 22, but I wore 20s anyway due to stretchy waistbands. I have a big stomach and no hips, so I hear you on the tight waist, loose leg bit. Around 245 I started wearing 18s more comfortably and in my 220s I bought some 16s. Yes, they're tight, but I bought them knowing they would loosen up some. Hit 211 this morning and my 16s fit just fine around the waist! I still have no butt, though, so the leg is a little looser than I would like.

Holy &%$*! Proof-read this and I think this is the first time my progress has actually hit me.

ETA: The first few sizes (especially if you're plus sized already) go by super slow, but as you progress into "normal" sizes (I hate saying that... wear what fits and not what's normal, but you get the idea), the distance between sizes are closer.

Also, these are US sizes, not UK :)