56 pounds lost in 3 Months - Still going

Options
I started using MFP on May 17th and I weighed 295lbs - the most I've ever weighed.
339b6172.jpg

I set a goal to make it to 250 (45lbs lost) by the end of August, and managed to reach that goal on July 23rd - six weeks ahead of schedule!
...this is a very cheesy before/after picure, but hey, it was rather motivating having the template sitting on my computer in photoshop just waiting for an "after" shot to be pasted in there.
a688e012.jpg

Today, exactly three months after I began, I weighed in at 239lbs - haven't been under 240 in nearly a decade - for a total of 56lbs lost. My new goal is to reach 220 by early November, and with only 19lbs to go, I'm confident I'll reach it. Ideally, I would like to be at or under 200lbs by the time I graduate from University in the spring.
70c3fed4.jpg

EDIT**
I totally forgot to describe what I've been doing!
I got a summer job at a company that has its own fitness centre, so I signed up and try to go for an hour after work every day, monday to friday, although, being a busy university student, I have to admit that I occasionally skip the gym, but in those cases I make an effort to hit the treadmill at home on those days.
When I started, I kept it simple with 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the treadmill and a resistance and pace I could manage. As the days went on, I gradually increased the resistance and speed, continuing to push myself that little bit more instead of just getting comfortable.
After the first 6 weeks or so, I began the couch 2 5k program (active.com's app is great!). I've also worked in weight lifting into my routine to maintain my muscle mass (my dad lost over 100lbs many years ago, but it was all diet and no exercise so he really thinned out, and I wanted to avoid that).
I am still trying to hit the gym every day after work, generally 30 minutes of cardio (elliptical or treadmill or couch 2 5k), and 10-20 minutes of weights.
In terms of diet, I've been doing with the MFP app has been telling me. Staying under my limit, trying not to eat my exercise calories. It was reeeeaaaalllly hard at first, but after a couple weeks, I realized that I really wasn't ever all that hungry, I just ate out of boredom, so it became very easy to stay under my limit. It also helps that I've basically sworn off fast food and have made every effor to avoid high fat/sugar/carb foods. Lots and lots of meat and veggies. My typical daily meals are: some combination of cottage cheest/friuit/eggs for breakfast, lots of coffee (caffiene to keep the heart rate/metabolism pumping - I also started drinking it black); lunch would generally be some combination of veggies/protien/dairy (and if I don't bring a lunch to work, subway is across the street; dinners have always been late, again because I'm a busy university student and my evenings are generally booked, but I would try to have small healthy snacks throughout the evening until I get home so that I would either skip dinner entirely, or just have a small meal, usually just a sandwich or bowl of soup or something.

Replies

• kcpsu18
    kcpsu18 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!! Good job!
  • jayceesmom512
    jayceesmom512 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow great Success Story ! Keep up the great work !
  • aliric
    aliric Posts: 69
    Options
    Wow, you look great and such dedication..Keep it up.
  • LosetheCrumbs
    LosetheCrumbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Keep up the good work :o)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    You do look great. Keep up the good work...you'll reach your goals, easy peasy.
  • JNadon
    JNadon Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats!! Way to go on your progress so far! It must have felt great hitting your first major goal weeks ahead of schedule and it will feel even better hitting your next goal by November... keep us posted! Nice job!
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You're looking great.
  • faengel
    faengel Posts: 14
    Options
    Congrats, keep it up. You look great
  • Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    Good job!!!! Keep up the good work and keep being an inpiration to others!:bigsmile:
  • baylor110311
    baylor110311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • WritePaintDance
    WritePaintDance Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    that's great! very inspiring!!
  • jpfister1966
    Options
    What are you doing to lose so much weight so quick? Details, details, details..........

BTW- nice job!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are looking great!!! Serious dedication from you. Well done!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,236 Member
    Options
    Congrats good job!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Great job...onward and downward!
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look great and I can tell you feel great, just by your post.
    It's great hearing that you are motivated and sure of your success!!
    Keep up the good work!
    :flowerforyou:
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    That is an awesome transformation! :flowerforyou:
  • danielmolinski
    Options
    I've updated my original post to explain what i've been doing.
  • tship74
    tship74 Posts: 48
    Options
    A true motivator you are my friend!
  • hpettenger
    hpettenger Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Impressive!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!