45 and frustrated! Help!

Options
I just got on the scale and J have not weighed this much since I was about to give birth 24 years ago. This is a huge wake up call. Since my hysterectomy last Dec., I have been packing on the pounds.Also being a Type 1 diabetic does not make life any easier. It is very obvious I need some help in accountability and motivation.I hope I can find this here. I will definitely return the favor. Looking forward to this new journey.:smile:

Replies

• redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey. You will find MFP a great place for support and a really good tool to help you lose weight.

Feel free to add me.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your path to better health. Feel free to add me.
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    TennesseeSodaholic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm now at Day 5 without soda. Only water to drink -- no substitutes. I have been a heavy soda drinker all my life. Because I was active, the soda drinking never affected my weight. Four years ago I got a job that required me to commute so much that I no longer had time for the gym. Fast-food lunches. Packed on 50 pounds. A year ago I no longer had to commute with the job, so I went back to the gym expecting all the weight to come off (not instantly, but eventually). Well, a year has gone by and NOTHING! So after hearing about how you can lose weight if you cut out soda and drink water, I am giving it a try. Early days now. Had a headache last night and have one now, but no cravings (got those at Day 3). I FEEL like I have lost some weight, but I want to wait until I have been doing this for 2 weeks before I weigh again. I just joined MFP yesterday and already I have had so much feedback and good wishes! What a wonderful place. Best of luck to you, I know exactly how you feel! Welcome to the journey!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You will find lots of motivation and support here. Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • Eagles802051
    Eagles802051 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Log everything you eat, even little bite-sized snacks! Believe me this is one of the best ways to really see where you can improve. Good luck on your goal to a healthier life, it definitely pays off!
  • faengel
    faengel Posts: 14
    Options
    I am new here too, add me if you like. Good Luck
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i added you. i'm 47.
  • Shari1215
    Shari1215 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a hysterectomy at 38 and had to start taking hormones.. I gained alot of weight over the next year until i got my hormones straightened out. I take estrogen and then i take Amberen( amberen.com) Ive noticed a difference since on the amberen. Any way i am now trying to take off the weight four years later..it is not easy but keep on with it :)
  • lesliefb
    lesliefb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sometimes a wake up call is a true turning point in making better choices. I'm 42, and am trying to RE-lose 60 lbs after slowly gaining it back due to some medical issues (talk about frustrating!). I decided that this time, I would lose weight slowly but surely by making choices that I can live with for the rest of my life. Losing weight is more difficult after 40, so I think it's best to permanently change my eating style, rather than "going on a diet" (which by definitely has an end date).

I'm in week 4 and have lost jut over 6 lbs. Not earth shattering, but I'm also not at all hungry or deprived. I am focusing on whole grains, lean protein, veggies and fruit, and small snacks.

If this falls in line with your way of eating and goals, feel free to add me as a MFP friend. :)