EA Active & EA Active more workouts

Options
Anyone compared their calorie burn to reality using a hrm?

I've read in a couple places that their calories burned is way off. I'm still going with what they tell me, but I think it's under what it should be.

Replies

• Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have compared the calorie burn on the game with my Bodybugg and my HRM. The Bodybugg and game are in alignment but the HRM is WAY off, but the tune of 200 to 300 calories more.

I purchased the Bodybugg because it's 93% accurate in determine caloric burn. The HRM is notorious for having inflated numbers.
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's good to know that the game is accurate. That's one of the games that i have been looking at getting.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    it's a great game, you will love it! good to know it's accurate, i had been using the hrm on my watch and it was a lot higher/.
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you are thinking of getting it....I vote you should. My husband bought it for us over the weekend and we really like it. It is a good workout and has so MANY different exercises to do....LOVE the variety. My 3 year old really had fun doing the boxing too. :happy:
  • ambervargo
    ambervargo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I find that my HRM shows 100 calories more than the game. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I jsut started it, so I watch the videos and my HRM is counting away while the game probably is not.