Just bought some whole wheat tortillas!

Options
ckay220
ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
What's your favorite recipe that includes them?
=]

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I make my own chicken mustard wrap along with it. Also chicken tacos work best with it as well.
  • ckay220
    Options
    Just chicken and mustard?
  • grumpers
    grumpers Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love them for breakfast--scrambled egg or eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and some salsa--maybe some 2% shredded cheese. I like the La Tortilla Factory Fiesta Minis at 50 calories with lots of fiber and they are very filling. I also do a tuna melt wrap--little can of water packed tuna drained, some low fat cheese and micro wave for 10-20 seconds.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Some times I will make a breakfast burrito with them, other times i will make buffalo chicken, put it in the tortilla, add lettuce. YUM
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you have just reminded me I bought some whilst out shopping. Was just wondering what I fancied as I had forgotten to take the fish out of the freezer but didnt want stodge.

I am gonna shred some salad, which will include red pepper and celery, I might add some tuna. Will use a little light mayonnaise instead of butter and make a couple of wraps.

Doing it now!:laugh:
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Any sort of Indian food:

- A cup of daal (lentil dish)
    - A cup of chole (chickpeas dish)
    - etc. etc. etc (there are tons of dishes!)

Here's a website, you can modify the recipes to make them healthier/add what you like: http://www.indianfoodforever.com/north-indian-vegetarian-recipes.html
  • ckay220
    Options
    All of these sound yummy! Maybe I'll make a taco tonight, or something wih tuna!
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I get whole grain ones at walmart too. I really like them a lot :)

I either make a turkey/pesto (basil)/provolone (reduced fat)/lettuce and tomatoe wrap

BUT my all time is to fry up some onion and peppers add some taco seasoning. Then mix in steak or chicken for a big batch of fajitas. Takes a few minutes (I grill steak or chicken first). I make lots and lots and keep in the fridge for a fast lunch or supper!

I love salsa and lettuce on mine. My husband adds ff sour cream and low fat cheese. Either way is really good!
  • moniqueonline
    moniqueonline Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yummy... bump to copy some ideas... Thanks guys!
  • Ihateqwerty
    Ihateqwerty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to use homemade guacamole, turkey, and lettuce. Yum! :)
  • ckay220
    Options
    I get whole grain ones at walmart too. I really like them a lot :)

I either make a turkey/pesto (basil)/provolone (reduced fat)/lettuce and tomatoe wrap

BUT my all time is to fry up some onion and peppers add some taco seasoning. Then mix in steak or chicken for a big batch of fajitas. Takes a few minutes (I grill steak or chicken first). I make lots and lots and keep in the fridge for a fast lunch or supper!

I love salsa and lettuce on mine. My husband adds ff sour cream and low fat cheese. Either way is really good!
    I got mine from Walmart too! lol. But now I want fajitas too! lol.
  • PepperGirl1
    PepperGirl1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Pizza...Seal tortilla in foil and bake for 15 at 375 degrees, or until crisp (check to make sure it has remained flat, if foil bubbles - let air out and reseal. Once crisp, top with favorite pizza toppings. I usually top with tomato sauce, fresh tomato, sauted mushrooms, sauted chicken, spinanch, skim milk mozzarella, sprinkle basil and oregano - pop into oven until melted.
  • rhondy1
    rhondy1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and a banana rolled up. Great snack after a workout!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I like to sautee a chicken breast seasoned with garlic/basil/seasoned salt, then take some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, low-fat mozzarella cheese, and spicy buffalo sauce and add it to the tortilla. Then, I'll roll it up into a burrito and pop it into my george foreman for a couple minutes until the cheese melts and the tortilla gets crisp. It's pretty good like that. You can also add black beans and mushrooms, if you're into those things.
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love to have a peanutbutter and banana wrap for breakfast sometimes
  • ckay220
    Options
    Pizza...Seal tortilla in foil and bake for 15 at 375 degrees, or until crisp (check to make sure it has remained flat, if foil bubbles - let air out and reseal. Once crisp, top with favorite pizza toppings. I usually top with tomato sauce, fresh tomato, sauted mushrooms, sauted chicken, spinanch, skim milk mozzarella, sprinkle basil and oregano - pop into oven until melted.
    I was looking for a pizza recipe too!!!
  • ckay220
    Options
    Hate bananas =/...Love peanut butter!
  • Andreaa0729
    Andreaa0729 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I spread the french onion laughing cow cheese and then put any kind of veg. like chopped broccoli,carrot sticks and yellow peppers or cucumbers, carrots and spinach leaves and wrap up. I get creative on what kind of veggies I want to use.