New to message board

Options
A year and a half ago I had to borrow one of my mom Mardi Gras dresses. This was huge eye opener. I thought to myself if I am her size now what will I look like at 50. It was time for a lifestyle change. I started counting my calories unfortunately this was not enough for me; I had to exercise as well. A year and half later I have lost 30 pounds and have restored my love for running, exercising and eating healthy. I have completed in a Triathlon, several 5K races; one where I actually first place female overall. This year I plan on competing in another triathlon, warrior dash and a 1/2 marathon, maybe even a full.

I recently started a blog (www.runningwiththreeboys.blogspot.com). This helps me become accountable for my workouts and nutrition. I have learn so much of the past year and it all started with using myfitnesspal.

Replies

• boboette1
    Options
    You go girl!!!! Your type of inspiration is what I need to read. I am 63. I had a knee replacement on July 23 of this year. I ususally to water aerobics, but can't get in the water yet. I also have psoratic arthritis, so my Rheumy told me the water was the best for me. My water instructor said 30 min in the water is equal to 1 hr on land, if you move at a steady pace. Keep up the good work.