0 calorie cake mix????

Options
Thank you SOME of you for your advice.....to others it was just a question. Maybe you should all revisit the thought behind this community of us supporting people.....it is obviously something some of you have forgotten. Translation.....remove stick from *kitten*

Replies

• FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    wow
  • Maryrose73
    Options
    You have to count the calories in the mix. You not adding any calories, but the cake mix has tons of calories and sugar.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've heard of using diet soda in place of oil/eggs for cake mixes, and although I haven't tried it myself, others who have say that its good.

Unfortunately, its not calorie free. Cake mixes contain things like flour and sugar, both of which have calories. If you look at the nutrition label, you'll probably see two listings. One is for "dry cake mix", or for a serving of the dry cake mix alone. THe other is for the "baked serving", or a serving of the cake after you've mixed all the other ingredients in that it calls for.

If you use diet soda, then use the "dry cake mix" nutrition facts when logging.

I hope this makes sense! :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Cake mixes are sugar and flour mostly. If you think those are 0 calories, well ...

Common sense is important.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    wow

exactly.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    you can add pured black beans to brownie mix too. It was a weight watchers thing.
    Not zero calories either way sadly. There is flour and sugar in the cake mix already
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    Cake mixes are sugar and flour mostly. If you think those are 0 calories, well ...

She asked a simple question. No need to be rude.
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    It sounds foul! Sorry but I think you'd be better off having a piece of actual home-made cake. I firmly believe that calorie-free fake sweeteners and "diet" foods do more harm than good, either because you feel you're entitled to eat more of them on the basis that they're low-cal, or because your body doesn't understand what the heck you've put into yourself and weight loss stalls.

Seriously - just get a recipe book and make an actual cake!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    your app says no calories? meaning MFP says no calories? You know even cardboard has calories, right? and mudpies? and sticks?

The user created food items on MFP are very often incorrect. Use the calories on the box to let you know how much you are getting, not an unconfirmed user created entry.

Have fun making cake!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    This one weird trick for weight loss: They will have 0 calories if you eat them while upside down because the calories can't be correctly absorbed when you aren't upright.
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The cake mix has calories http://www.generalmills.com/home/brands/baking_products/betty_crocker/brand product list page.aspx#{28D3E942-EB49-421C-886C-84AA7E9D48F8}

I've used a spice cake mix and Diet Coke and it turned out great.

You can also add canned pumpkin or applesauce. Check out www.hungry-girl.com for different options on treats.
  • rml_16
    Options
    This one weird trick for weight loss: They will have 0 calories if you eat them while upside down because the calories can't be correctly absorbed when you aren't upright.

As long as no one sees you eating it, that works.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Wow...You can't make a 0 calorie cake if it has flour and sugar in it

You can throw sprite zero in a bowl and bake that by itself if you like, but I wouldn't recommend it...
  • EllaNovella
    Options

lmao you are mean
  • sadira86
    sadira86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i've heard of that recipe being called "0" points for weight watchers dieters..but there are very few things that are 0 calorie.
  • sapphirewind
    sapphirewind Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Because everyone knows what you read on the interweb is ALWAYS true....

LMAO...and if you believe that one folks..
  • rml_16
    Options

She asked a simple question. No need to be rude.

I actually agree with you. I was snarky. I admit it. And I do apologize.

As for it being 0 WW points, I'm pretty sure that is incorrect, as well.
  • jaybear31
    jaybear31 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've made this before and it turned out great! I used Diet Dr. Pepper for a chocolate cake. It comes out super fluffy and light. It's fewer calories per piece than using eggs and oil but not calorie free. Just use the dry ingredients calorie info on the side of the box.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    If it tastes good...spit it out.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard the phrase, "if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is"?
    Remember this...