Birthdays are BAD for diets!!!

Options
Tomorrow is my birthday and it is havoc for my diet. Today my boss brought cupcakes, then my department is taking me out for lunch later. Tomorrow my best friend is taking me out for lunch. I will make the healthiest choices I can at both restaurants but even that is more calories than I should be having. It is a good thing we only have 1 birthday a year. :smile:

Replies

• MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... I hear ya! Mine is today and I am looking forward to the treats but plan on a busy and active weekend to work it all off!

Happy birthday!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Occasions like birthdays are what make sticking to a healthy diet on non-occasions easy for me. If I feel like pigging out I think "No, better not. <someone's> birthday/wedding/etc. is next week and you know you'll be overeating then."
  • jaybear31
    jaybear31 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! Enjoy the treats and just hop right back on the wagon the next day. :)
  • sweetiebrittie
    sweetiebrittie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My birthday was last week. Someone told me to just enjoy it then eat healthy the next day. Since my birthday was friday, I celebrated the weekend also and just did extra activity and ate right.
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    They don't have to be bad for your diet if you only have them once a year! I still intend to have cake on my birthday. Mmmm ... caaaake!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... I hear ya! Mine is today and I am looking forward to the treats but plan on a busy and active weekend to work it all off!

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!!! I have eaten with no conscience but tomorrow I will get back on track.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Ok now that the birthday is over it is really time to get back on the grind. I am a little nervous though because I am going to weigh myself tomorrow. I don't have high hopes because of the weekend. But at the same time I did make the healthiest choices I could find and drank more water than normal. Maybe the scale won't be too mean to me.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My 21st birthday is this year! Calorie counting isn't hold me back ;D ill do what i want on my bday!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    So is Thanksgiving, Christmas, 4th of July and any other holiday. Enjoy your day. Don't worry about calories.
  • eric5150ii
    eric5150ii Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Remember, one isolated day once in a while is not what got us all on this site. Enjoy the day, celebrate (responsibly), and have a great time. The day after, back to what you know is working for you and making you feel better. You'll feel better about it if you accept it as what it is: an abnormality in your routine. Enjoy it for what it is, then get back to what you need to do.

And happy birthday!
  • tinytinatmrw
    tinytinatmrw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Its my birthday on wednesday and i plan on enjoying some cake and ice cream !!!! and my boyfriend is taking me out to eat! enjoy your birthday! like everyone said it only comes once a year!!!!