Craving...seriously (girls)

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
So it's the week before shark week-when my cravings are generally at their worst. I usually have typical PMS cravings-chocolate, caffeine, etc.

But the one that gets me every time is cheeseburgers. Red meat. It is all I can think about. Generally speaking, we don't do lots of that at home and stick mostly to chicken, fish or non meat sources of protein.

But right now all I can think about is a very large and barely cooked cheeseburger...Seriously. It's date night and I may end up begging for Five Guys or Red Robin or something....I usually get veggie or turkey burgers when we go out for burgers...not tonight.

Anyone else get this strange craving for red meat around that special time?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Has to do with the loss of iron your body will be having. Normal. Feed the craving.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Has to do with the loss of iron your body will be having. Normal. Feed the craving.

OH....oh I will :)

It makes sense. I'm always freezing cold...someone mentioned that had to do with my iron.
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    I just about died laughing at your reference of Shark Week.
    That. Was. Amazing.

But, yes, I find myself craving steak.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

It makes sense. I'm always freezing cold...someone mentioned that had to do with my iron.

I'm freezing cold all the time and I have way too much iron. So it doesn't always have something to do with it.
  • MSeel1984
    Options

I'm freezing cold all the time and I have way too much iron. So it doesn't always have something to do with it.

LoL-then that person didn't know what they're saying. I guess I'm just cold blooded.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about seriously craving girls.

/sigh

Carry on.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Shark Week.... Priceless :) I would think that due to the loss of iron, it's normal. I try to eat a little more red meat and raw spinach and it seems to help
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

/sigh

Carry on.

Freud would have a field day with that statement.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Interesting.

I never crave red meat and I have really high iron levels.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I crave red meat often....shark week or not. :laugh: But during that time I really crave dark chocolate. Anyhoo, get the burger.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I would suggest an iron supplement.
  • MSeel1984
    Options

/sigh

Carry on.

Hahahahahaha! Oh silly.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    i crave steak and ground beef mmmmm
  • shanpwn
    shanpwn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. I crave red meat then too. I am anemic (from an iron intolerance, can't take supplements) and have to eat more than usual anyway, but around period time I am a maniac for burgers, steaks, you name it. Get your iron levels checked!
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I crave red meat often....shark week or not. :laugh: But during that time I really crave dark chocolate. Anyhoo, get the burger.

OH I plan to-and will enjoy it :)

Burgers are one of those foods I refuse to give up. I love them so. I just don't eat them often...I wish bison was more readily available out here...it's a slightly healthier alternative and tastes just as yummy...a little pepperjack cheese.....mushrooms...

and now I'm drooling. Carry on.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    feed lady! you will survive!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I don't have a particular craving before or during shark week. I just want to eat everything that crosses my path.

Nom nom nom.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I just about died laughing at your reference of Shark Week.
    That. Was. Amazing.

But, yes, I find myself craving steak.

That was an amazing reference!!

I crave steak. A nice, medium rare steak, dripping in it's own natural juices.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I don't eat much red meat so when I need it, I NEED it! I usually satisfy my red meat craving with beef fajitas. Skirt steak is usually pretty lean compared to hamburger meat most restuarants use.
    Also, have you ever tried buffalo? I had a buffalo burger at Fuddrucker's a few nights ago and it tasted just like a beef burger to me. It was only like 450 calories with the wheat bun and no cheese or mayo.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My cravings increase for meat as well and things that are high in iron and such like onions, spinach and liver... i could eat fried calves liver by the bucket full right before TOM!