Raspberry ketones

Options
mnmoon
mnmoon Posts: 22 Member
I have been considering trying raspberry ketones. From what I have read it seems to have a lot of health benefits.. But I wanting to know has anybody tried them and if so what were your results? Was there anything you did not like?
Thanks!

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me, I'm just waiting.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    You'd literally have to jump into a swimming pool full of the stuff and just start sucking it in, and even then, it would have no effect on you, and you'd probably die.

They gave the stuff to mice in very high doses, then Dr. Oz giggled and put it on TV.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me, I'm just waiting.

lhykN.gif
  • DANCE53
    DANCE53 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have tried them no side effects may a little jump of energy been taking them with green coffee extract for about three weeks lost couple inches off waist .
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    20810421.jpg&sa=X&ei=82kuUL3jHubYywHutIDACA&ved=0CAsQ8wc4Dw&usg=AFQjCNHKR5I8N2zH9nBxUfaPs-zQMH0LcQ
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    carefull you dont say the mfp 4 letter word (dr.oz)

i myself just eat the raspberrys

edited to add: oh snap someone did
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I like raspberry tarts.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_ketone

If you actually wanted to use them, based on the research cited, you'd need to use them at doses approaching 2% of your body weight. At $20,000 per kilogram for actual raspberry ketones, I don't know about you but I weigh over 200 pounds (near 100 kilos) so I'd need to consume at least one kilo of them, so that's $20,000 a day.

At those prices, anything Dr Oz wants to sell you would have to have such a low concentration of actual ketones in it that there could not possibly be anything approaching a therapeutic dose in your body. Unless, of course, he's selling kilos of the stuff for $30 grand a day, at which point if you've got that kind of money to burn, go for it.

Personally, I'd drop $500 on a nice bicycle and go riding it every now and then. You'll get far better health benefits.

EDIT to add: Unless, of course, you are in to homeopathy. At which point, since efficacy increases as the product gets more diluted, the best tincture is pure water - it contains a completely 100% diluted homeopathic dose of everything in the Universe. Oh, except Hydrogen and Oxygen, since those are actually present.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    The research on humans was ineffective and as someone posted, the research on rats required 2% of their body weight.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I had a dream about raspberry zingers... does that count?
  • mnmoon
    Options
    Lol!! I can tell its definitely Fridau by some of the responses! I haven't watched the dr oz episode.
    I can't stand him or dr Phil. I saw them at SAMs club so I started googling it. Lol. Anyway, sounds like unless I have the money to buy mass amounts it will not work! That's exactly what I needed to know. I'm just looking for a supplement to add to give me a bit more energy in my day!
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't get these fad supplements. If raspberries and acai berries and green tea have these great properties, isn't it more pleasant to just eat more of these foods than take weird pills that have who-knows-what else in them (stimulants, fillers, etc.)? I may be spoiled because I live in Manhattan and have every possible food imaginable available to me 24/7, so take my skepticism with a grain of artisan Himalayan salt.

I do take supplements like flax seed oil because I think actual flax seeds look like little dried up beetles and I don't feel like eating them. And I take gummy vitamins because I love gummies.

Otherwise I think if you want the health properties of raspberries, just go to the market and get some dang raspberries. If you want the benefits of green tea, buy a box of green tea (it probably costs like $1 rather than the costly supplements and then you have plenty of nice relaxing tea to enjoy).
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    You should try HCG instead.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that you've been a member here since the beginning of 2011 and need to ask this question. I've been here half that time, seen this topic about 30 times and seen the same responses all the time too. Why would you waste your money, can we all just say it together "THERE IS NO QUICK FIX"
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    You'd be better of getting some blueberry aldehydes or acai esters.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Did absolutely nothing for me at all. If you find they work for you I have two bottles of them you are more than welcome to.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that you've been a member here since the beginning of 2011 and need to ask this question. I've been here half that time, seen this topic about 30 times and seen the same responses all the time too. Why would you waste your money, can we all just say it together "THERE IS NO QUICK FIX"

*joins in the chant* THERE IS NO QUICK FIX! :grumble:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    Options
    I'm just looking for a supplement to add to give me a bit more energy in my day!

Exercise. Lots of beautiful sweaty exercise. Backed up by eating good, wholesome, protein rich foods, good quality fats, and high-quality complex carbohydrates.

As your cardiovascular efficiency increases and your body becomes well nourished, you'll find that you are BURSTING with energy.

No supplements required.

But if you want a quick fix, just drink black coffee or caffeinated tea. Unsweetened, of course - you don't need calories with your stimulant.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    Options

*joins in the chant* THERE IS NO QUICK FIX! :grumble:

There is a quick fix. Work up a sweat once a day for at least 45 minutes. At the end of two weeks, you'll be ASTONISHED at how much energy you have. Far cheaper and more effective than most pill regimens. The only side effect is a little soreness at first and some really fantastic post-workout euphoria once you start getting into shape.

It's addictive, if you feed your body right and push yourself just a little bit.
  • mnmoon
    Options
    Well yes, I have been a member since 2011 but haven't been on here for for about 6 months. So that was a nice rude comment. But thanks.
    I do workout for over an hour each day- I am not looking for a quick fix, I recently quit drinking caffeine, so was looking for a healthier way to get more energy. I do not do fad diets or any of the other crap. I am simply just looking for a healthier way of living including diet and exercise.
    But, just because I ask about a certain vitamin or supplement do not assume I'm looking for a quick fix- I know that kind of crap is all a hype and the long term solution is living healthier.
    But thanks to you that have actually answered my question. I sincerely appreciate it.