Dancing in Da Club - do you log it??

Options
I don't go dancing often, so I'm trying to decide if I should log this as exercise!! Moar calories for overpriced beers, right?!

If it matters, it's techno music. Block rockin' beats, y'all. I'm gonna party like it's 1998!!

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    if its techno, then yes. you should.
    It will negate the beer effects too.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's been years since I went dancing in a club, but if I did I would certianly log it since I'm set to sedentary.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I say yes.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    In order to be log-worthy, you must drop-it-like-it-is-hawt at least once every 15 minutes and take pics to prove.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    The beer and dancing negate each other, so no logging needed.
    Enjoy yourself....the sex afterwards must be logged. "cutting grass"
  • barfleurjo
    Options
    I used to dance on a weekly basis, Modern Jive, and always logged it. It's amazing how many calories you can burn in 2 hours of bopping to music!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Like you I don't just go dancing all the much...so yes I would log it.....when i log I give myself about half of what it says.....I add in the fact I am standing at the bar for a couple minutes at a time trying to get me my beer.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    That depends how much you're booty shaking
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Of course! You burn lots of calories dancing to dubstep ... see...

dubstepdance.gif
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'd say yes if it's out of routine exercise, but also log a guesstimate of the amount of booze you've put away (I lose count after 12)
    :drinker:

<< Has no idea what Techno is - is it like the Beatles ?
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If I am dancing for more than 15 minutes, I count it. Especially TECHNO!!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Okay folks, I totally logged 45 minutes of dancing, general - We plan to be there for at least an hour, which means I'll probably end up with 1.5-2 hours of dancing.

And I won't really be drinking much. As a homebrewer, I really can't force myself to pay for overpriced drinks at the bar. My guess is that Sean and I will have one or two red bull + vodkas each.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'd say yes if it's out of routine exercise, but also log a guesstimate of the amount of booze you've put away (I lose count after 12)
    :drinker:

<< Has no idea what Techno is - is it like the Beatles ?

I know you're pullin' my leg... but in case you don't know what dubstep is, here's a pretty good and well known example of this most glorious style of techno music (listen at least a couple minutes in for the full effect!)

Oh, and I don't want any mean negative people on MFP talking smack about skrillex. This is a place of support!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    lol if you associate skrillex with Techno you are all wrong.

none of that stuff in the clubs is "techno"