Drop 50 lbs in 3 months..Is it possible?

Options
My current stats:
5'4" --- 171 lbs
Size 11 (In juniors section)

Diet: Body By Vi (2 shakes a day to replace a meal) + 500-600 cal meal + 3-4 100 cal snacks ... besides shake ONLY drink water

Exercise:
- MWF - 6mph jog for 45 minutes
- T, Th - 60 min brisk walk + Resistence Tube workout
- Daily - Ab workout (various exercises to trigger each part (upper,mid,lower)) + 2 min planks (right, middle, & left) + squats + lunges

Lost 4 lbs in 10 days :ohwell:

My current goal is to lose 50 lbs by 11/6/12 -- which is 50 days away.

Based on what you've read, do you think I'm nuts?? Should I lower my goal so I don't drive myself crazy??? Or should I keep it this high and hope for the best??

Replies

• TheDrBuchanan
    TheDrBuchanan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    In my experience, weight drops quickly at first but then tapers off as I have less and less to lose. You're hoping for 4-5lbs down per week, and everything I've heard says that 1-2 is a healthier rate of weight loss. I would give yourself more time for all 50lbs. But definitely you could lose your first 25lbs by then and still feel great about it!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! It won't happen! might on body bi vi but as soon as you stop taking them, you will gain it all back!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    That is 4-5 pounds lost per week, every week. It is possible, however, you aren't going to be able to sustain the loss due to the speed. If you are looking for a one-time, quick fix your plan should work fine. But your body is going to struggle to get you back up to your starting weight because it recognizes that as your set point.

When losing slowly, 1-2 pounds a week, your set point will also reduce to your new weight. That is why slow and steady weight loss is better for long term success.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    That is way too fast....
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    At your size you are only going to do more harm than good. Is there a reason for the time crunch?

At my weight it is perfectly reasonable if I were to work out every day and eat only clean foods, but I have a lot more to lose than you do.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Your first problem is you waisted your money on body by vi. Hopefully you realize there are many cheaper alternatives to shakes that work the same way...

Your second problem is you are trying to lose far to fasr. How long did it take you to put on those lbs? Why do you expect them to fall off faster?
  • melanie3900
    melanie3900 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments guys. Another reason why I love MFP. Real opinions, from real people. I'm going to change my goal to 25.....will be happy with 20. And just stretch the 50 lbs weight loss goal to sometime next year. I gained most of my weight during my pregnancy (had twins Dec of 2011). Luckily, I only ordered a 1 month supply of the Vi-shake....so after this runs out, I'll turn to something different.

With this goal change, I'm not going to stress myself out, so thanks again everyone! Really appreciate it!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comments guys. Another reason why I love MFP. Real opinions, from real people. I'm going to change my goal to 25.....will be happy with 20. And just stretch the 50 lbs weight loss goal to sometime next year. I gained most of my weight during my pregnancy (had twins Dec of 2011). Luckily, I only ordered a 1 month supply of the Vi-shake....so after this runs out, I'll turn to something different.

With this goal change, I'm not going to stress myself out, so thanks again everyone! Really appreciate it!

Yay I'm glad to hear that, goodluck!
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I would turn to food, rather than another type of shake. You don't need to replace a meal, just make sure you're eating good meals. A big salad with chicken, steak, or fish in it is better for you, and bulkier, so you don't get hungry again so soon.
  • nataliexxxx
    Options

You will definatley be able to reach this goal:) Ive lost 39lbs in just over 3 months! Good luck:D