Paleo diet?

Options
Does anyone follow the Paleo Diet? Your thoughts?

Replies

• angelaxn
    Options
    I just started this week and I like it. It's not just low carb, it pushes me to eat more fruits and veggies also (so it can't be bad!).
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Been paleo since September of last year. No Grains, dairy, legumes =)
    I feel great, have lost weight and skin is better than it ever has been. Had a skin condition since I was a child that is essentially gone. I sleep Waaaay better and have lots of energy!
    Some good resources are Whole 30 - Melissa & Dallas Hartwig (just wrote an awesome book called It Starts With Food), Paleo Solution By Robb Wolf, Primal Blueprint by Mark Sission. All of these authors have web sites too. The Whole 30 is my go-to site and I am starting a NEW 30 day challenge (no sugar dairy grains legumes for 30 days...I made it to 26 days the first time 21 days the second time, wish me luck)
    The ultimate goal is to find something that is sustainable to you that contributes positively to your health. Good Luck =)
  • Kaylee_Loren
    Kaylee_Loren Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started eating Paleo six months ago because I wanted to lose weight. Then I found out all the other amazing things that happened. I noticed that I definitely have a gluten intolerance, and when I eat Paleo my stomach feels better, my energy is off the charts, my skin clears up, I overall feel happier, and I lose weight fast and feel & look great! It gets hard to stick with, especially with 2 jobs, school, and going through a divorce, but I find it to be my vice. My happy place. It's not the right diet(cough, cough lifestyle) for everyone, but it's definitely worth a try! The ''carb flu'' that you'll most likely get the first week is BRUTAL! But if you get through it, it'll be way worth it. Good luck and if it makes you feel good, WHY THE HELL NOT :)
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Primal, which is like Paleo - just some allowances for dairy in moderation, and a higher emphasis on "good fats." It's been about three weeks for me, and the first week was rough. I was bleary, tired, muzzy headed. It's called carb flu, and while it doesn't happen to everyone, it's pretty common.

Since then I've had more energy, my head has been clearer, and I've been moving easier - my body is learning to burn fat instead of glycogen, so endurance is improving. And while my grocery bill has gone up a little, I've never felt hungry or deprived. I haven't even had to make any "paleo cheat" baked goods (made with almod/coconut flour instead of wheat).

Paleo and primal aren't for everyone. But the people they're well suited for, well, they work amazingly.
  • jhcowan
    jhcowan Posts: 10
    Options
    Thanks for the info!