I'm at that platau already...

Options
Everytime I see this number (150) I can barely get below it. Only once in my life was I down 10 or 20 more lbs...and I think my WII scale was lying... I've tried WW, south beach, even the master cleanse and nothing sticks. Lately I've just been eating between 1200-1700 cal and working out for up to 2 hrs. When school starts for me next week I doubt I'll have the time and I know it'll be hard... thought about going on a meal program. At least at school they're opening up a Subway in the cafe. lol

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    So you've had no weight loss or gain while being consistent for 6 or more weeks?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    how tall are you?
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sapphirewind
    sapphirewind Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    No... but I know that is what normally happens when I get down to this weight. I don't lose anymore and nothing works anymore.

And i'm 5'5''
  • Mteach1
    Mteach1 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have had the same problem! I am running 30mins 5 days a week and doing Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 about 5 days a week too. I eat healthy meals and down tons of water. I am 5'7" and weigh 160lb. I know that I can get lower because 3 years ago I was 130 while running, but eating horribly! I have only lost 6lbs in about 4 months!
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You're setting yourself up for a failure... trust me when I say cut it out
  • CDeRuyter
    CDeRuyter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your work out. I too am arount the 150 plateau. I also self-sabotage myself at that number. If you have access to the RIPPED workout, you should try it. It is suppose to be 'plateau proof' as it changes about every 10 minutes over the hour class. I started two weeks ago to change up and have seen results that I like.

Are you doing any weights? That REALLY helps.

I'm 5'2", 152, 48 years old.
  • chanellenoble
    chanellenoble Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The rules for weightless are simple, burn more calories then u consume. Actually doing this is the tricky part. I would recommend using mfp's metibolic rate calculator and eating the same or less calories then the number given. It's also important to watch thigs like sugar intake as it is empty calories and around 40% of sugar you eat is converted to fat. Keep up your exercise and remember to build a little bulk as this helps burn fat all day long. Over all don't stress too much about the scales as there are so many factors to consider. Just use physical chages (try taking monthly photos?) to see of there really is a difference despite the scales
  • rsamuels23
    Options
    plateauing is a result of your body getting adjusted to your workout routine and lifestyle. This means you have to do something different in your day. Calorie intake is important and 1200- 1800 calories a day for your size and weight is good, however it depends all on metabolism. If you break your calories up into snacks (eat about 5-6 times a day) your metabolism will increase and you will see weight loss.
    Additionally, when it comes to your workout routine, you could work out as long as you wanted by doing stay running or walking and not see any results after a time. I would suggest interval or circuit training in which you push yourself hard for a few minutes and then rest for about 30 seconds to a minute. (ex. you could sprint for a minute and then walk for 30 seconds and repeat for about 10 minutes) . This will force your body to consume calories at a higher rate and you will see results quickly.
  • sapphirewind
    sapphirewind Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem! I am running 30mins 5 days a week and doing Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 about 5 days a week too. I eat healthy meals and down tons of water. I am 5'7" and weigh 160lb. I know that I can get lower because 3 years ago I was 130 while running, but eating horribly! I have only lost 6lbs in about 4 months!

I think we're in the same boat... mine is since Jan... when I joined. But I left for a bit and got back into it now. I was thinking of trying Jillian's program out on youtube, so now I will... need to switch it up.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    It's also important to watch thigs like sugar intake as it is empty calories and around 40% of sugar you eat is converted to fat.
    Where have you found this claim supported?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    If you see a number and decide that it means you are officially hitting a plateau- you are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

How about this time- you declare war instead?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    eat more than 1200 calories please.

http://www.quickbmr.com/what-is-tdee.html

go here to find out your tdee (total daily energy expenditure) and that'll help you find your BMR (basal metobolic rate). BMR is what you would need to consume, at MINIMUM, if your body were just laying in bed all day.

you should be eating in between you TDEE and BMR. unfortunatly some people get confused and eat below their BMR, which causes their weight lose to suffer.

eat more, work hard, feel awesome.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights and toss your scale. Pick up New Rules or Strong Lifts. After a few months you'll thank me. :flowerforyou:
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    plateauing is a result of your body getting adjusted to your workout routine and lifestyle. This means you have to do something different in your day. Calorie intake is important and 1200- 1800 calories a day for your size and weight is good, however it depends all on metabolism. If you break your calories up into snacks (eat about 5-6 times a day) your metabolism will increase and you will see weight loss.
    Additionally, when it comes to your workout routine, you could work out as long as you wanted by doing stay running or walking and not see any results after a time. I would suggest interval or circuit training in which you push yourself hard for a few minutes and then rest for about 30 seconds to a minute. (ex. you could sprint for a minute and then walk for 30 seconds and repeat for about 10 minutes) . This will force your body to consume calories at a higher rate and you will see results quickly.

This.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights and toss your scale. Pick up New Rules or Strong Lifts. After a few months you'll thank me. :flowerforyou:

And This!
  • deb7727
    deb7727 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem then I read a note on here about the calories and your exercise, it adds those calories i started staying at 1200 and continue my exercise and the waight has started coming off again. Good luck
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I have a friend here that ups her calorie intake 100 calories if she stalls. Then she continues to up them until she starts to lose. I am going to do the same thing, try it, if this happens to me. I've lost 12 lbs only but, I've heard from several sources that 1200 should be my bottom line and don't eat below it. If I exercise(which is every other day at least)I eat back most of those calories).

I can't see your diary so can't say how your eating relates to your workouts but it's a possibility you lost and lost by eating under your needs and then it finally stopped working. I hear this happens to a lot of people. The body needs fuel to burn fat. Maybe you know this and maybe this isn't why you've stalled. Just some thoughts.

denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    eat more than 1200 calories please.

http://www.quickbmr.com/what-is-tdee.html

go here to find out your tdee (total daily energy expenditure) and that'll help you find your BMR (basal metobolic rate). BMR is what you would need to consume, at MINIMUM, if your body were just laying in bed all day.

you should be eating in between you TDEE and BMR. unfortunatly some people get confused and eat below their BMR, which causes their weight lose to suffer.

eat more, work hard, feel awesome.

^THIS, if you aren't eating enough
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I'd like to know who said this as well because I believe if we are keeping our calories at or below what we should, even sugar calories won't change the weightloss. I don't think I said that very well but 100 calories of sugar is the same as 100 calories of fish when it comes to how many calories we've consumed. Not nutritionally alike, no.

This reminds me of the myth about turning fat into muscle :embarassed: I don't think so
    It's also important to watch thigs like sugar intake as it is empty calories and around 40% of sugar you eat is converted to fat.
    Where have you found this claim supported?