Sports bras for busty ladies?

Options
I need help finding an affordable sports bra that does something. I am a 32 e/f depending on the bra and cant find anything that helps. I buy bras in an extra small but still have bouncing issues. I can't run now because of it. Even the elliptical causes some bouncing. Are there any busty ladies who can help me out with this?

Replies

• lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra champion XL that is snug and a workout tank with shelf bra that is TIGHT (granted i work out at home if in a gym wouldn't were it at my size) I don't bounce at all, I bought the tanks on clearance at Kohls for less then $10 a piece. I have heard that Moving Comfort bras are really good (i just don't want to spend the $40-$60 on them) I am a good DDD-E depending on the bra.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Most women just wear a normal bra + sports bra. Seems like all of the 'good' options are up there in price and I'm dropping sizes so not willing to invest in anything pricy!

Two bras works well for me. Normal Lane Bryant bra + Champion sports bra = perfect.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    My sister stole the best one I have ever had! It was an under armor made for busty ladies, but a bit pricey (about 55$). I bought mine at a running store. Since I am pregnant I let her keep it and told her she has to buy me a new one when the baby gets here. I am a 38F typically. It wasn't the most comfortable but it did it's job better than any other sports bra I've found, and was worth the investment.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I use 2 of the Target Champion sports bras, the girls don't bounce at all.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I went with the two-bra method before finding the Under Armour zip-front high impact bra. It takes some wiggling getting into, and it was about 60$, which is more than I would like to spend, but honestly I will now buy only these until they stop making them.
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 really cheap ones! lol They more support you need the more you wear!
  • muffinwench
    muffinwench Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I usually do the double bra thing, but that doesn't cut it for me.

Thanks @vpetryshyn - I'm going to check out the Under Armour high impact.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Bump (interested to see what others have to say, have had the same issue for a long time and tired of it)
  • cfc32flvrs
    cfc32flvrs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I swear by the Moving Comfort Juno bra. Runs about $55 or so online or at running stores (can't find it at ****'s or Sports Authority) but I have no movement during high impact exercising. I hate wearing two bras!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I wear a 36DD to 38DD and I find that the sports bras from Target work really well for me. They last me a long time and I don't have issues with bouncing or need to double up by wearing it with my regular bra. They also are quite affordable so that's really nice. I've tried the ones sold at Walmart but I find that they don't last very long. Adidas also works well for me-- I find them at the outlets or Ross/ TJ Max for cheap and just buy them in a medium.
  • cfc32flvrs
    cfc32flvrs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is hysterical that the name of a store was edited...
  • Sandibeach17
    Sandibeach17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do the double bra thing... sports bra and a VS wireless full coverage bra, it really helps.
  • NorthVanIslander
    Options
    I use the Enell bra. It's c compression bra, NOT pretty, but it works! It can be expensive, so shop around, especially online!

I am a 30 G...and have tried MANY a bra, this one is the best!
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel like 2 bras would get so... sweaty. But if it helps I'd do it. It seems like all the really good ones for smal rib cages and big boobs are super expensive! What's the deal with that?! lol
  • blondie07545
    Options
    underarmour has ones that are pretty heavy duty. i can wear them and i'm a 34DD
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Moving Comfort Fiona. Moving Comfort in general is pretty great.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD and I purchased several Under Armour sports bras and love them. They are THE only sports bra I found to be supportive enough.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wear two hanes sports bra one that is a size smaller than I would normally wear and the other one my regular size. Hope this helps.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    ooh, we're almost booby twins! i'm a 32ddd/f sometimes 34dd depending on the bra. i have two underwire sports bras that i had before i lost weight. i still wear them and they're not the best fit. sometimes i wear a regular bra + wireless sports bra. it doesn't get that much sweatier than wearing just one bra. no matter what, i find my girls jiggle around a lot but, as others have said, i'm not ready to spend $50+ on a bra that will (hopefully) not fit in a few months. i try not to be too self-conscious about it because i go to a women's only gym and lots of us are bouncy!
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    A womens only gym sounds amazing! I feel really awkward working out around men. Like really really awkward. I think today I'm gonna go with the normal bra with my target sports bra. Hopefully I wont black out my own eye

also tee hee booby twins :)