DUKAN diet - any successes?

Hi all...

So i go on holiday in under 5 weeks time. I've lost near enough 2 stone...i have about another 8 pounds i would like to lose. I have been doing low carb...basically having carbs for breakfast and mid morning and then not after that (apart from veg).

I was thinking of giving the Dukan diet a go just as a final push. I'm at a wedding this weekend but thinking of doing the attack phase monday to friday and then following cruise until i go on holiday.

Any success stories with this? xxx

Replies

• Bump - anyone?! xxx
  • Anyone??! xxx
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Hi all...

So i go on holiday in under 5 weeks time. I've lost near enough 2 stone...i have about another 8 pounds i would like to lose. I have been doing low carb...basically having carbs for breakfast and mid morning and then not after that (apart from veg).

I was thinking of giving the Dukan diet a go just as a final push. I'm at a wedding this weekend but thinking of doing the attack phase monday to friday and then following cruise until i go on holiday.

I have never heard of this so I googled it....

seems way too complicated...

I would just eat less, move more...

has worked for me for 70+ # ...

good luck
  • Hi all...

I've lost nearly 2 stone through eating less and moving more but i have the last bit to shift hence i thought i'd try this to try and shift the last bit before my holiday xx

I have never heard of this so I googled it....

seems way too complicated...

I would just eat less, move more...

has worked for me for 70+ # ...

good luck

I've lost 2 stone eating less and moving more but i have the last bit to shift so i am trying to do that before my holiday. Which is why i thought i would try dukan x
  • Anyone else?! xxx
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    have seen people like it and do well on it. It is complicated and you are a bit of a flip flop dieter so I wouldn't imagine you seeing it through its phases TBH.
  • ive just started on monday on the Attack phase, and by wed night i had lost 6lbs - ive weighed myself today ( although im not going to document it untill sunday) but it shows i have lost around 11lbs, I feel less bloated, not hungry at all, but quite weak, as i have been doing alot of cardio with it. from sunday Im changing to the cruise phase, one day protein & the allowed veg, one day pure protein - i think this might suit me better :)
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Just started attack phase....it is complex and takes a great deal of planning ahead. My bariatric doctor suggested it and I like it so far. It's really hard to eat enough calories because I'm just not hungry....at all! It was suggested because of my glucose intolerance. I'll let you know how it goes!

Heather
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Anyone??! xxx
    Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    If you search groups, there is quite a bit of info in the dukan group.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    i'd never pay for an eating plan i could find on my own!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    I only lasted a week but yes I did lose weight. I forget exactly how much as it was awhile ago. I was starving and said screw it and quit it. I would consider Dukan again if I had an event or something lose 10-15 lbs for but going into it knowing that it is crash diet and I might go crazy afterwards.
    I did it from the book, did not sign up online.