Food sacrfices that will pay off at the end

Options
I love a good cup of coffee in the morning....with flavored creamer or half and half and lot's of sugar. It just made me so happy. Sadly it was full of bad calories.

Now, I am learning to drink my coffee BLACK...I am getting use to it...and guess what? I am still happy

Same with my oatmeal...now I have it with no sugar. If I want to see changes in my body, I know I have to make some sacrifices with my food intake, no pain no gain right.

Happy Friday!

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Same here. Never thought I could drink Black coffee.. Can't say I love it or anything but it does the trick and better than the 400+ calorie cream and sugar cup I was having before.

I'm still working on the oatmeal!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've tried getting used to black coffee. Can't do it. I have however been able to cut down the amount of sugar in my coffee as well as the amount of coffee I drink daily.

There's really nothing I'm going to completely sacrifice and cut out...the closest thing is soda and it's just going to be something I drink once in awhile.
  • cwashkowiak
    cwashkowiak Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! I've started drinking my coffee with less (light) creamer and just a sweet and low, although I know I probably should just go black, I'm not sure I would enjoy the taste anymore :(
    I admire your will! :)
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I use stevia and so far no one has found anything bad about it. I'm like you though. If I know it's really hurting me I will leave it behind. It's like salt. I don't use any extra. Although I still find sodium in many foods I try to keep it within a range that's safe.

denise
    I love a good cup of coffee in the morning....with flavored creamer or half and half and lot's of sugar. It just made me so happy. Sadly it was full of bad calories.

Now, I am learning to drink my coffee BLACK...I am getting use to it...and guess what? I am still happy

Same with my oatmeal...now I have it with no sugar. If I want to see changes in my body, I know I have to make some sacrifices with my food intake, no pain no gain right.

Happy Friday!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I use stevia and so far no one has found anything bad about it. I'm like you though. If I know it's really hurting me I will leave it behind. It's like salt. I don't use any extra. Although I still find sodium in many foods I try to keep it within a range that's safe.

denise

I tried stevia for awhile...or truvia rather...I've heard there actually is a difference between truvia and real stevia...still...I didn't like the taste at all. More tolerable than sweet and low but after weeks of drinking coffee with stevia in it I couldn't bring myself to buy more when I ran out.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

Happy Friday!

Well instead of flavored creamer, use skim or 1% milk. I do that every morning. Unflavored latte. I get my dairy and my caffeine. And it's delicious when topped off with a little cinnamon.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I decided to just give up my coffee instead of drink it without sugar but now that it's been a few months on a low sugar diet I might try drinking coffee with heavy cream. My tastes buds have definitely changed considering I thought cabbage was kinda sweet the other day so maybe I'll like it now without the sugar & flavored creamers.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    True, if you can't stand the taste of something you gotta look to other solutions.

denise

I tried stevia for awhile...or truvia rather...I've heard there actually is a difference between truvia and real stevia...still...I didn't like the taste at all. More tolerable than sweet and low but after weeks of drinking coffee with stevia in it I couldn't bring myself to buy more when I ran out.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with a scoop of vanilla or triple chocolate protein shake mix. Tastes great, and i get in some much needed protein!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Totally agree about sugar. I learned to drink coffee without it, now I'm very sensitive to sweetness, and added sugar to anything is too sweet for me.

Fast food wasn't worth it. At all. Gave it up cold turkey, not craving it anymore is the best feeling ever. Same with soda (I drink a lot of seltzer).
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Happy Friday!
    Well instead of flavored creamer, use skim or 1% milk. I do that every morning. Unflavored latte. I get my dairy and my caffeine. And it's delicious when topped off with a little cinnamon.

I drink mine with skim milk and a packet of creamer. I gotta try that bit of cinnamon on top though!
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I switched from delicious (but not worth it) Chocolate/Caramel creamer... now I use 1/4 cup almond milk for 15 calories and a splash of sugar free DaVinci hazelnut syrup. Went from about 100 calories to 15. Worth it!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I once sacrificed a bucket of KFC to Jobu so I could hit the curve ball.

jobu2.jpg
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I was a coffee snob addict for years, made with milk and sugar. Now I drink green tea. It took a while to wean off coffee but do to health problems I needed to. I went from fully loaded coffee to tea with honey and cream...to tea with nothing and now I have found a green tea with toasted brown rice that is so satisfying.

Now I am trying to give up everything that has added sugar (not fruits).
  • kturner2012
    Options
    My mom drinks black coffee and has for as long as I can remember. I used to think she was crazy, but now that I'm watching what I eat and can't live without my coffee in the mornings I do the same. I've found that flavored coffees are amazing without adding cream and sugar. My favorite right now is Kaui Carmel Coconut Crunch. If you can find it in your grocery store, I HIGHLY recommend it! You won't regret it.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    The only potential "bad calories" are the ones that put you over your calorie limit.
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'VE DONE THE SAME THING WITH COFFEE. BLACK 90% OF THE TIME BUT KEEP MY COFFEEMATE FRENCH VANILLA FOR A SPECIAL TREAT.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    switched to 1% milk in my coffee. About a quarter cup in a large mug of Jo.
    Reason, having some fat in the coffee will reduce acid and staining on teeth.
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    For coffee drinkers who want a smooth, tasty coffee, I highly recommend Jeremiah's Pick Chocotal. This is NOT a flavored coffee.
    Instead, it is coffee beans mixed with ground cocoa beans and it's absolutely heavenly. You don't get that weird artificial taste that
    you get with flavored coffees. You can buy it on their website or sometimes find it on Amazon.

I still drink it either with a FF creamer or splash of milk and a small bit of sugar, but it's good alone, too.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!!
    But I sure do miss Whoppers from BK sometimes :)