Cheese Wedges

Options
cindys0417
cindys0417 Posts: 1,121 Member
What do you make with cheese wedges? I bought some the other day but now I don't know what to do with them other than putting them on crackers but I don't want to eat alot of bread or crackers..What do you do with cheese wedges? Any good recipes? thanks for sharing...

Replies

• hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Came across this one before, something about dicing up very small and mix in with egg and microwave for one minute and stir again.

scrambled egg and cheese ..... I think ..... but it is mentioned inone of these posts somewhere, I'll try and find it for you good luck with your journey.

:drinker:
  • jlynn6810
    jlynn6810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Check out Hungry Girl recipes/website. She uses those wedges for everything!! And all of her stuff that I have tried is really good...
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1337
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Also try "laughing cow wedges what to do with them" in the community section click on search and enter "laughing cow",
    there's 4 or 5 threads on the subject .

Good luck with your journey.

• rsellersCST
    rsellersCST Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I just stocked up on them! They are my new obsession!

I find for us, we make a lot of quick sandwiches on the go... and I use them instead of mayonnaise. SOOOOO much healthier, keeps it from being dry and adds some awesome flavor.

Pair the flavor you have with the other toppings... LOVE!

I spread the "sweeter" ones on toast... like the cinnamon cream cheese or strawberry cream cheese ones.

Yesterday we had the swiss flavor on our ham sandwiches...

My oldest daughter LOVES the queso fresco one (something like that) on mini quesadillas... :-)

Happy experimenting!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I just made an egg sandwich with 1 laughing cow wedge, egg white, Canadian bacon and a 110 cal bagel. So filling. I love those cheeses

You can eat them in omelets, make a cheese sauce for pasta, use on sandwiches... I use them where I normally use cheese.
  • cindys0417
    Options
    Came across this one before, something about dicing up very small and mix in with egg and microwave for one minute and stir again.

scrambled egg and cheese ..... I think ..... but it is mentioned inone of these posts somewhere, I'll try and find it for you good luck with your journey.

thanks Hunter :)
  • cindys0417
    Options
    Check out Hungry Girl recipes/website. She uses those wedges for everything!! And all of her stuff that I have tried is really good...
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1337

thanks J lynn..this is interesting!
  • meridons
    Options
    bump
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I had one today on toast with a fried egg on top. I replace butter or mayo with them. The jalopeno one is awesome!
  • cindys0417
    Options
    Thanks all for the ideas! I appreciate it! Im gonna try one of these today! Ill have to get the different flavors I just went to Aldi's and saw the plain ones .. but will have to get the flavored ones at my other grocery store or maybe Walmart! Have a nice day!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of recipes with them being melted down for pasta's, pita pizza's, etc. Oh and they are always good smeared on celery sticks, and apples....hmmmm and bell peppers, yum! Oh and melt them on mushrooms...... And I second the suggestion to check out Hungry Girl, she does a ton with the wedges. Enjoy!
  • cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    spread them on celery,melt over steamed veggies
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Cheese wedges? Put them in your mouth. Chew. Swallow.

I :heart: cheese!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    French onion Laughing Cow is good for dip with chips.L.C. Swiss is good for a replacement for mayonaise on a sandwich or on a burger!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I love mixing the mozzarella ones with some tuna and eating it on a wrap with spinach :love:
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I put the Laughing Cow cinnamon wedges on top of the 73-calorie chocolate muffin that is included on a post in the Recipe area.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I refuse to buy them. Pound for pound compared with the same cheese in blocks, they cost more than twice as much. Not worth it to me.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping, yum!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I like to use them as a sandwich spread (replacing mayo).