60lbs gone!

Options
rcalvert1
rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
In 2006 I was at my heaviest. I had just gone thru a divorce, was raising 2 boys without help and totally miserable at my job. It wasnt until a couple of years later that I decided I was going to do something about my weight. My co-workers and I decided to lose weight together by doing the Biggest Loser contest. I won that challenge, I was 43 lbs lighter and $359 richer (good thing, I needed new clothes). I gained 6 pounds back over the course of 2 yrs (not too bad I thought). Then May 2012, I'd finally had enough being a chubby girl, having no energy and back pain. I have lost 24lbs since and many inches overall. I can now shop on the 'skinny' side of the store and I feel so much better. Here are my pics, just thought I would share since I feel this is a big accomplishment.

2006 - SW - 213
15y6owo.jpg

8/15/12 - 153
2iau0qd.jpg

I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is 140, I will get there ... I promise!

Replies

• naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Well done! You look great!
  • 2012Penny
    Options
    You are an inspiration as I work a desk job too and deal with aching back, hips and legs.

Congratulations! I'm hoping MFP can help me as well.

Penny
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What a huge difference!
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    She's been a good girl and trying real hard. Don't worry Nay Nay, those last few pounds will fly! Luv you!

BTW, that pic doesn't do justice.
  • chunkylover22
    chunkylover22 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    WOW!! awesome transformation!! Keep up the good work!
  • rcalvert1
    Options
    She's been a good girl and trying real hard. Don't worry Nay Nay, those last few pounds will fly! Luv you!

BTW, that pic doesn't do justice.

lol I know it doesnt but its the only one I got without trying to take it myself. Thank you for taking this journey with me, you have been so supportive and I appreciate that. I luv you too! ps. thanks for sharing your veggies with me lol
  • rcalvert1
    Options
    You are an inspiration as I work a desk job too and deal with aching back, hips and legs.

Congratulations! I'm hoping MFP can help me as well.

Penny

MFP has been such a big help to me. It will help you too, just be honest with it and you will do great! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • rcalvert1
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I couldnt of done as well as I have without MFP and the support of my friends.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Ta-dah! That's a beautiful change. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • paulamarie67
    Options
    Amazing! This is especially motivating to me because I also am 5'5", and my goal weight is also 140. I am going to add you as a friend if you don't mind. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!