Replies

• 30forApril
    30forApril Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How do you search? lol
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Did you happen to notice when the last time they logged in was? Maybe they aren't active? That does stink tho, to think that you found some 'close' to home buddies and then...no. I have ONE friend on my list that I know. My mom. The rest are people like you that I have met along the way :) and super glad that I did!
  • 30forApril
    Options
    never mind,...lol.. duh! I saw it!
  • 30forApril
    Options
    I think I'd rather have people I don't know, or rather don't know the me that I used to be... I like to be a little more of a loner, in real life, and people sometimes want to meet up and do things together and really, if it'snot working out, or working towards my goal, I'd rather not do anything with anybody... I have enough distractions in my head with my A.D.D. , to add actual people to the mix...lol
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Maybe they arent interesting in meeting internet strangers.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    all the ones i friend requested are active
    everyday :( oh well there is lots more off to find some :)
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That's funny!! You are holding them accountable- maybe they haven't been online, maybe they don't log in regularly- but if you emailed them, chances are they either want online support only- or are whining/making excuses that they have no one to work out with. Awesome that you tried- what else can you do?

Its up to us individually to own our health, and our fitness. I teach group fitness classes and I am blown away by some of the reasons people miss their class- not that I follow up on them, but they call or email me and the reasons are so outrageous at times I just have to laugh- like its fitness confession! :)
  • limex
    limex Posts: 81 Member
    Options

This.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR IT IS
    NEVER GONNA HAPPEN !!!
    Wow, are you serious? Because people don't want to be friends with YOU, you assume they aren't working towards their fitness goals? This is one of the most self-centered things I've read in a long time.
  • stellarcanicula
    stellarcanicula Posts: 50 Member
    Options

yeah I'd be kinda creeped out if someone I didn't know wanted to meet in person to "work out".
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    ive tried to find some more exercise buddies on here but cant find anyone local that wants to lift or play sports.
  • bmw4deb
    Options

True but a quick reply saying that would be fine.
    or maybe they just wanna complain and get pats on the back
    and told you can do it tomorrows a new day !
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I know lots of people who have met up in real life. Maybe if you tried making friends first before sending your creepy request, you'd have more luck.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options

True but a quick reply saying that would be fine.
    or maybe they just wanna complain and get pats on the back
    and told you can do it tomorrows a new day !
    I would not bother responding to you. It's common sense not to meet up with random people who seek you out on the internet.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    all the ones i friend requested are active
    everyday :( oh well there is lots more off to find some :)

That's the spirit! Way to turn the frown around!!! :drinker:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    I totally agree that a response back saying no thanks would be appropriate. For as many stating that it is creepy that she asked to meet up (when they obviously have something in common being HERE) it is in turn kind of rude to not reply at all. Dontcha think? I do. BUT... there are obviously many different kinds of people that log on to MFP. To each their own :drinker:
  • bmw4deb
    Options
    PEOPLE NEED TO REALIZE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR IT IS
    NEVER GONNA HAPPEN !!!
    Wow, are you serious? Because people don't want to be friends with YOU, you assume they aren't working towards their fitness goals? This is one of the most self-centered things I've read in a long time.

So far off point here !! I said people who are asking daily for help, support , ideas
    and always posting they gained a lb or they messed up AGAIN I just offered support
    and friendship if they needed or wanted it, and i would never offer to meet complete strangers
    by our selfs i offered some free zuma class passes if they would want to attend
  • bmw4deb
    Options
    That's funny!! You are holding them accountable- maybe they haven't been online, maybe they don't log in regularly- but if you emailed them, chances are they either want online support only- or are whining/making excuses that they have no one to work out with. Awesome that you tried- what else can you do?

Its up to us individually to own our health, and our fitness. I teach group fitness classes and I am blown away by some of the reasons people miss their class- not that I follow up on them, but they call or email me and the reasons are so outrageous at times I just have to laugh- like its fitness confession! :)

Thank you
  • Aleluya17
    Aleluya17 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

This
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

This

This was my first thought! I WOULD NOT respond to someone wanting to meet me in person from this site. How do I know your picture is correct? A little too risky for me.