HEADACHE HELP?!

Options
monday i started my journey. got a headache from hell monday. Tuesday and Wednesday I was fine but now today again i have a massive headache. im drinking lots of water-WHYY MEEE?!?! i'm at work also which doesn't make it much better...i dont have any advil here-what could be causing my headache?! what can i do to make it go away?!

Replies

• carriparton
    carriparton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Did you used to drink caffeine? If so, caffeine headaches are really bad - get some caffeine in you (coffee, tea, pop, etc). Otherwise, for my headaches I have found BeKool patches help. They are medicated patches you put on your forehead and it helps to relieve some of the pain. They are cool, so if you don't have access to those, a cold papertowel will work. Hope you feel better!!!
  • sierrajade2012
    Options
    Did you used to drink caffeine? If so, caffeine headaches are really bad - get some caffeine in you (coffee, tea, pop, etc). Otherwise, for my headaches I have found BeKool patches help. They are medicated patches you put on your forehead and it helps to relieve some of the pain. They are cool, so if you don't have access to those, a cold papertowel will work. Hope you feel better!!!

no never really a caffeine drinker:( and the headache is in my right temple, been holding a cold bottle of water to it but its killing me i just want to take a nap
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    I think you might want to ask your Dr. about this. It's not something I've experienced or heard from others (other than the obvious sudden caffeine withdrawal thing). If it persists, it's time to ask a pro.
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    if you regularly take Advil, stopping suddenly can cause rebound headaches. Getting all the right nutrients could help if you frequently have headaches. You may be missing an important one if you've just started watching what you eat.

Good luck x
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Try eating something right after you workout. Something about blood sugar levels. Also, google "Exercise induced headaches/migraines."
    I've only had one really wicked one, but my vision went spotty for an hour and I couldn't focus my eyes on anything, and it quickly escalated to a vomiting migraine.
  • shara99
    shara99 Posts: 34
    Options
    You are not alone. I, too, am on my first week and have had a headache every day. I've been drinking lots of water and coffee too. I haven't exercised everyday, so I know that exercise isn't causing the headaches. I'm hoping my body is just a bit stressed out over the dieting. I think I'm a bit uptight and this is probaby causing a tension headache. Just guessing! And wanting you to know that you are not alone.
  • MCsAngel2
    MCsAngel2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Is this a low carb diet you're doing? Kind of looks like it, from your diary. I'm doing low carb also. "Carb Flu" is fairly common for low carbers the first week. The headache should be gone by the end of the first week. However, I don't think I've ever heard it described as being on one side of your head the way you have. So it actually almost sounds like you have a migraine.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...have you ever had a migraine before? I get them frequently and they last for days. Mine can be triggered by hormones, food (eating certain kinds of food, or not eating enough), caffeine, stress. Some symptoms I notice with migraines are pain (DUH!), sensitivity to light, auras (around objects, people, lights), spotty vision, hypersensitive sense of smell (I use hot oil air fresheners in my home...I have to unplug everything and put it in a different room of the house, can't stand the smell of anything), nausea, vomiting.

Couple of things I would suggest.... try taking an excedrin migraine. If you dont have or want the excedrin migraine specifically, take 2 ibuprofen with 2 tylenol and drink with something caffeinated. Another thing to try....take your pain reliever of choice with a dose of benadryl and take a nap. I personally do ibuprofen, tylenol, benadryl and caffeine if I can, but many times I'm too nauseated. The reason I take the benadryl is because food can trigger migraines...some doctors believe it is due to a mild allergic reaction. I noticed you seem to 300 calories or more below your goal daily...perhaps this might be a contributing factor?

Good luck!
  • ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Are you doing low carb? When I did Atkins I had a headache the 1st week.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options

no never really a caffeine drinker:( and the headache is in my right temple, been holding a cold bottle of water to it but its killing me i just want to take a nap

Take a nap - might solve your problem.