Looking to build a support network . . .

Options
On the advice of my FIRST MFP friend . . .

I've been wondering if having a network on here would help me stick to my plan of losing weight and getting in great shape and being healthy. I've had the MFP app on my phone for a while and have gone through streaks where I log my food and exercise every day for a week and then I miss one day, binge eat and don't post again for like 2 weeks. I would love a group of supporters to help keep myself accountable. Like I've read in other posts, if I know that people are going to see what I log I'll make better decisions.

The number on the scale is important to me, but what's even more important is how healthy/strong I feel. I want to be able to run a 5K in October and get back into my "skinny jeans". :smile:

My hound dog also needs to lose about 15% of his body weight so I like to look at it as a diet for the whole family!

I look forward to creating and participating in a supportive network!

Replies

• audreygonzy
    Options
    Feel free to add me:D
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Same here, feel free to add....I'm def. up down and all around and I'd ideally like to STICK to it for a good while....The most I've lost at once was 50 lbs and re-gained EVERYTHING...oh my gosh I cannot tell you how disappointed I am in myself....I think that's why I've had such a hard time staying on track is because I feel entitled to that old weight lost and it hasn't really registered in my head that I need to re-lose the weight. I'd like support so please add. ;)
  • CavityShape
    CavityShape Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I started exercising with my pup as well! He's now a healthy weight for his size and has lost 5 pounds through lots of hiking and being fed twice daily-portioned amounts. I spoke to my vet and he recommended the portions/feeding schedule!

Currently, my healthy goal is to be fit - who care about the number!

Feel free to add me!
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    I just got a new puppy and he's going to force me to get into shape whether I like it or not! Congratulations on choosing you! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Annadrews
    Annadrews Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Everybody, please add me, I do the same thing you do and have recently come back after a 2 mos drop off. I need friends who will be a strong support for me.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Feel Free To Add Me, Here To Support & Encouragement & Help In AnyWay I can:):) I'm Accountable and Here To Help Anyone!!
  • Verdadera
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I just joined yesterday and I'm seeking the same support/accountability.
  • AmandaKay26
    Options
    Add me too! I was the same way, had the app, didn't really take it too seriously... I want to build that support network, I believe it helps the most. Cheers to good health!
  • OPOSiGEMS
    Options
    I am the same way.... I'll do good all week until the weekend comes! Would love to help keep each other motivated. Feel free to add me =)
  • KimE41
    KimE41 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me too...just decided to "do me" after a long time of taking care of everyone else....feel free to add me.