until one day I can fasten them - no breathing allowed
then I can walk in them
move in them
actually wear them....
buy the next size down

Replies

• sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    I did that with my size 11 jeans. I'm at 13. I haven't tried them on yet.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    No, because as my body is changing, it doesn't just shrink uniformly. My proportions changed, especially when I started strength training. I only buy jeans that look great on my bum, and I couldn't tell what would look great on my bum in the future.

Right now, I'm wearing capris I bought at the end of last summer. I'm about the same size, and but weigh about 5-8 pounds more. They fit ok in the bum and legs, but are HUGE in the waist now. They're wearable, but I wouldn't buy them fitting the way they fit now. And on the flip side, if I bought the next size down, they'd fit fine in the waist, but be too tight on the legs and *kitten*.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Not exactly on purpose. I ordered a pair of 10s online because my 12s were getting a tiny bit loose. They fit when they arrived, but looked like skinny jeans instead of the boot cut they really were LOL. But since I got them for half off, I threw them in the closet and figured they'd be fine by October'ish.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Yep. I was in a size 14 forever but I knew which jeans I liked and they were on sale, so I bought a 12. They just started fitting a couple weeks ago.

Now those same jeans are on sale again...I plan to buy a 10 soon. :)
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    I have goal clothes I guess you would call them - one of them is my grade nine kilt from high school (catholic) - I was an overweight kid and I grew less than an inch in height in high school so I figure if I can at least get down there then I know I'm close to my goal weight!

For the record I was 5'2" in grade nine and already weighed 140lbs with almost no muscle tone :-( I hope to get down to be around 140 (the top end of my BMI range with tons of muscle tone :-) and then re-assess my next steps.
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    No. I used to, but it wasn't a healthy motivator for me. I feel a much bigger reward when I NEED to go out and buy a smaller pair of jeans when my old ones get too big.
  • meli_loses_it
    meli_loses_it Posts: 16 Member
    I bought a pair of pants on sale without trying them on a year ago. I couldn't even get them up past my thighs! When I can fit in them again I'll be ecstatic!

Would I buy a pair now? Probably not. I'd rather wait until I'm at my goal weight. I do want to buy a smaller swim suit and hang that on my motivation wall :)

-Melissa:heart:
  • arzac00
    arzac00 Posts: 9 Member
    I don't have to buy them, I have them in my closet. From before I had two kids. Not sure if losing weight will actually let me back into them. I think body parts have shifted.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    I wouldn't do this intentionally, because different jeans look better or worse depending on the cut, and it's hard to tell until I can actually fit in them. I did accidentally buy some a couple of years ago that were too small, and never got around to taking them back. It was quite fun to try them on each month and see them getting closer and closer to fitting me. They're just starting to feel loose now. :drinker: