Just a quick question

Options
Hi I'm Carrie and I just started Monday! I have gained some weight over the last year that I would like to see gone so I'm looking to lose any where from 5-7 lbs, just enough to where my jeans fit again, lol. I have done other plans in the past, weight watchers being one that had me keep a food journal similiar to MFP but with MFP I am always so full, lol. I haven't felt hungry at all even though I have cut out quite a bit of snacking (except last night, gummy bears, sigh I know better lol). I'm afraid I'm eating to much even though I am staying underneath my goal everyday of 1200 calories, more on days I exercise. Is it ok not to eat all of the calories or do I have to to make weight loss happen? I know being under 1200 can send me into starvation mode but I feel like I'm forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry? Any thoughts?

Carrie

Replies

• mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way you do about forcing yourself to eat all of those calories. I am to the point now, where I have gotten used to eating less, and I don't want as much. When I do eat all of my calories I'm too full and I feel like I'm cheating again, even though I'm not. Granted, I have a lot more weight to lose than you, but I don't know that it can hurt too much to stay a little under your calories, as long as you're not WAY under. Then I know your body will go into starvation mode. I can easily eat all of my calories if I'm NOT trying to lose weight, but when I am trying I just don't want to let myself go too far and get back into the habit of eating too much!
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I say if your not hungry don't eat but DO NOT STARVE yourself. That is a very bad thing. Good luck . I've got to lose 10 pounds and used this site before and it dose help a lot.