Need help with lunch & snack ideas

Options
Hi Everyone,
I'm a few weeks away from starting another semester of college and I need some help coming up with good lunch and snack ideas. I don't have a locker so I have to bring everything I need in a day and carry it with me all day so it cant be anything extravagant lol. I also don't have access to a microwave or fridge. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    almonds ! 100 calorie snack packs. then you can eat some mozzerella sticks 80cals, baggie of a chopped up apple 80cals. peanut butter sandwich maybe just one slice depending on the bread and peanut butter it could be a 145cal snack.

i start college too so now i have some ideas. and can't wait for other suggestions
  • jeniallen
    Options
    I make a nice crustless quiche, sounds awful but tastes nice, packet of pasta and sauce made up to instructions, 2 eggs, 100g cottage cheese, spices (if you want) you can add ham extra,

bake in the oven and you can just slice it.. about 700 cals for the full thing but makes like 4 portions for me so it only about 130 calories ish..

I like it lol and it can be carried arounfd all day and get bashed etc..
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, bananas, crackers, 100-calorie snack packs...
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You can carry a cooler bag for things you want to stay a little more cold. Bag of baby carrots or other chopped up vegies are a good snack. I also like to take a baggie of the mini rice cakes. They fulfill the need for something similar to chips without the calories but I do need to pre-portion them in a baggie.

I have seen lots of different tortilla wraps you can make at home that don't add up horribly. I also go with fresh turkey sandwiches on a grain type bread.

Good luck
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunch every day for work. Take a look at my diary. :) There are at least 3 days per week where I have leftovers because I make a double serving every night. But I love taking sandwiches, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, green peppers, all different types of fruits.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Granola bars
    Trail mix
    Cut up fresh fruits and veggies
    Almonds, and for a sweet tooth sprinkle then lightly with cocoa powder and cinnamon!
    Pack a salad. or make a light and easy turkey and cheese sandwich. :smile:

And *try* have a good breakfast everyday. Protein and Fiber!

Good luck!
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    for snacks, I'll usually pack a handful of cashews, bell peppers with light ranch dressing or tostitos multigrain rounds with salsa.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna, I like those flavoured tuna snack kits that come with a little can and crackers for a snack, or for a meal I'd bring canned tuna, some hot sauce and mayo packets, raw veggies and maybe a pita.

A hard-boiled egg is a good mid-morning snack

Meal-sized salads: besides lettuce include raw veggies - grated carrots or beets, cucumber, mushrooms, bell peppers, protein - diced chicken breast, hard-boiled egg turkey slices or a hard cheese, diced fruit like strawberries, apples and mango, and raw seeds like walnuts or sunflower seeds. Some balsamic vinaigrette in a separate container and you're good to go.

I'd personally stay away from those 100 calorie snack packs, the sweet ones at least.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Rachael Ray has really cute lunch box cooler things that look like a purse! They're a good size too. I just got one and LOVE it. It keeps everything cool and fresh. I have a busy schedule, so I keep tons of snacks in it. Here's some ideas: string cheese, on the go tuna cups and baked crackers, apples, bananas, lettuce wraps, beef jerky, grapes, rice cakes, salads (i just put them in tupperware, then the dressing in a seperate container so it doesn't get soggy), blueberries, strawberries, trail mix, etc. Hope this helps! :)
  • amorgenroth032
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your great ideas! I have a whole new shopping list now :)
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    the crustless quiche=awesome idea
  • skinny91bum
    Options
    i make myself some pasta with some tinned tomatos on top and a some mushrooms, it's lovely and so filling i never really finish it.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    I make tuna patties as snacks. They are low carb, high protein and moderate in (good) fat. They are 120 calories each. I usually take one or two with me everyday as a snack or add-on to lunch.

They contain only 5 ingredients, tuna, eggs, breadcrumbs, dijon mustard, and garlic powder. Mix it all up and form into 2oz patties. Then pan fried in olive oil. They keep for days in the fridge or for a few hours in your lunchbox. Eat cold or warm.

I can post the exact recipe if you want it.