getting married in 8 weeks... HELP!

Options
i have 8 weeks to go before i walk down the aisle and i am far from looking how i want to look...

Right now i am working on staying motivated and not wanting to give up and throw in the towel! I keep telling myself, in 8 weeks you can still lose quite a bit.... but sometimes it seems like theres no way i'll make a dent :/

anyone have any suggestions/advice?

thank you!!!

Replies

• amberlongsine
    amberlongsine Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Try the 30 day shred by jillian micheals! ive already started seeing results and its only day 4 =)

You can watch all 3 levels on you tube. you do level 1 everyday for 10 days and then move to level 2 for another 10 days and then level 3 for the last ten days =)
  • icemann78x
    icemann78x Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't know how much you have to lose but I am 10 weeks into a biggest loser competition at work and I have lost 41lbs so far. So you can definitely lose a lot of weight in 8 weeks. I have been staying 400-600 calories below what the app gives me daily. I have been doing cardio 6 days a week and sometimes twice a day. It takes serious dedication. I still have another 35lbs I would like to take off.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I suggest you lower your expectations
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Did you order your dress? I had issues of losing too much without meaning to between my last fitting and my wedding day. I was tripping on my dress being it got too long because it didn't fit as good. Not complaining all that much but food for thought.

Good luck on your wedding day!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    well unless you're planning on going shopping the night before, you should be cautious about losing weight right now. nothing quite like dropping a couple grand on a beautiful dress only to have it not fit (for better or worse) when the time finally arrives! that being said, 30ds is pretty awesome and will get you pretty far in that amount of time. good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    I recommend "Eat to Live" by Dr. Fuhrman. I've personally lost 26 lbs since I started 6 weeks ago and my wife has lost about 17 lbs in 5 weeks.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

I tell this to women I bring home
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options

I lol'ed.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options

hahaha :drinker:
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Try the 30 day shred by jillian micheals! ive already started seeing results and its only day 4 =)

You can watch all 3 levels on you tube. you do level 1 everyday for 10 days and then move to level 2 for another 10 days and then level 3 for the last ten days =)

Agreed! I am on day 14 and I can see results!
  • samiam321123
    samiam321123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree with the 30 day shred advice. It doesn't make you lose a lot of weight in my opinion but you can see your body change in a short period of time.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    just go ahead and start letting yourself go ....... no point in fighting it for 2 months
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    About weight loss or the marriage? :wink:
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    About weight loss or the marriage? :wink:

That's a valid question.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    It depends where you want to be in 8 weeks-I'm assuming not at what your ticker says? Like others said, be careful about losing too much-you don't want to have an issue with your dress! I've heard great things about 30 day shed but haven't had the chance to try it myself yet.
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am also on day 5 of the 30 day shred. If you follow it for 30 days you will see a difference. Add me if you are looking to start it. I am happy to keep you motivated. I am getting married next year.
  • obrien821
    obrien821 Posts: 215
    Options
    i have 8 weeks to go before i walk down the aisle and i am far from looking how i want to look...

Right now i am working on staying motivated and not wanting to give up and throw in the towel! I keep telling myself, in 8 weeks you can still lose quite a bit.... but sometimes it seems like theres no way i'll make a dent :/

thank you!!!

Send me a message if serious about getting fit and I can help you out. It is definitely possible to lose weight in 8 weeks.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

thank you!!!

Send me a message if serious about getting fit and I can help you out. It is definitely possible to lose weight in 8 weeks.

tumblr_m8pxk5aBnt1qzyegho2_500.jpg
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    depends.

how much weight do you want to lose and what is your weight starting? if you're still considered average and not obese (or even overweight), it could take a while for the pounds to come off. like it's taken me a little over a month to lose 11 lbs. and i'm a 24-year-old that's never gotten pregnant. HOWEVER, i didn't exercise........ perhaps if i did i would have seen faster results.

however, i'm sure if you work at it religiously then you'll get some good results. maybe not on the scale but physically. and coming from experience, your man will more than likely like the changes he sees before you do! my goal is to lose 32 lbs and just 11 lbs in, my fiance is complimenting me left and right.

what's helped me shed what i have so far is doing low carb.

good luck! and congratulations!!
  • WWCPrez
    WWCPrez Posts: 1
    Options
    I've lost a lot of weight since January ( 40 lbs) through higher protein intake. My pyramid is 12 protein servings a day, 2 fruits, 1 starch, 3 vegetables, 2 fats, and 3 dairy, but no milk. If you're really good, you can lose five pounds a week. Also up your cardio exercises.