How many kinds of Zumba are there, anyway ?

Options
MostlyWater
MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
First, there was Zumba. Then Latin Zumba. And African Zumba. Then I bought a Groupon for Aqua Zumba. And a friend said she did Chair Zumba.

Will this madness never end ?

Replies

• MostlyWater
    Options
    hehehehehehe
  • jodiekane01
    jodiekane01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :) I love Zumba..just tried the regular kind out so far though!! :) Let use know how Aquazumba goes...that should be fun!!
  • chinita96
    chinita96 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I didn't know there were different kinds! Aqua Zumba sounds like fun and would probably burn many calories while being easy on the joints. Chair zumba...that completely throws me. I wonder how much you are actually on the chair and if you are, how much can you burn compared to regular Zumba? I will definitely need to research this further as I love Zumba!
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    please do !!!!
  • marilynku1953
    Options
    Have done Zumba off and on for 5 yrs, getting ready to begin Aqua Zumba next week. Once, when I had a bad ankle injury, the instructor had me sit on a stability ball and just do the upper body moves, worked the core just trying to stay on the ball. She said chair zumba is geared towards people that have problems with standing.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I did aqua zumba the other day, I didn't care for it. It just didn't seem to translate to the water as well. I like Zumba classes and I like water aerobics but not sure I'd take aqua zumba again.