To all of you....

Options
I'm going to get overly emotional here.

I have been in tears since I woke up this morning. These tears were a mixture of feelings, but mostly they arose from a good place.

The first thing I saw when I woke up was the overwhelming support and encouragement on my timeline for myself and to others. I have seen this continuously on MFP for the last month or so but I guess today it just really hit me.

I have had an issue with my weight my whole life and always tried here and there to lose but was never able to stick to it. My heart was never really in it. I have always been completely alone in this journey, and it's something I NEED to do for myself to ever truly be happy. I have never had anyone to talk to about the struggles and difficulties of trying to achieve this lifestyle and now I have this amazing support from so many people that I don't even know. I finally put my heart into and you guys all help to keep it beating.

It's such a beautiful thing to actually care about someone else's success and happiness as well as to be willing to learn, to take and give advice, to encourage, support and be there for someone who you don't know and could be millions of miles away. I know that there are some not so nice people here in this community but in the end the love and support I see overpowers that negativity to such a high degree. It gives me hope for the human race all together.

Without all of your support I wouldn't be able to do this. I am no longer alone.
It's weird to say you love people you don't even know...
but I can honestly say I have love for you all and I wish nothing but success and happiness in your lives.

So to you all, I say 2 simple words that cannot amount to the gratitude I feel....

Thank you.:heart:

Replies

• jenypri
    jenypri Posts: 46
    Options
    This is a great post and what we do for you is what you do for us as well. Its amazing the little relationships you build here on MFP, we keep each other accountable and support each other when we need the support. Its like a mini family. MFP has brought us all together for one common goal because we are all fighting the same fight.
    While we inspire you and motivate you, remember you do the same for us. I thank you!
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    I share your feelings. I don't live in a place where I have any family, and few friends. I don't have anyone IRL that I can share the details of my weight loss/self discovery/fitness journey, because so many people aren't that interested, and for a while that made me sad.

I find that logging on and being able to see that someone else has shed a few more pounds, reached a new fitness goal, or had a really bad day and needs some encouragement makes me feel like I am doing this with friends.

For a long time I thought that I could do this on my own, but I didn't, and I wouldn't want to if I could. I love the support, and I love giving it. So, thank you, Mlashay for this post, and as your friend here on MFP, you're welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    xxx
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    **Teardrop** I completely understand where you have been because I have been there too. I have grown up in a family that used to call me fat even when I wasn't. This gave me such a negative image of myself...something I am still trying to overcome to this day. When I was in elementary school I was skinny but I didn't know it. I always felt huge because that is what the people I lived with used to tell me. In middle school I started to get chubbier and was ridiculed even more for my weight and then I went through so many lows in high school that I finally became what some of my family told me I had already been. I was always taught to suppress my emotions so I never talked about this to anyone, not even my closest friends, who were all skinny. I am so unaccepting of myself and have never truely loved myself for who I was. I have starved myself, binged, purged, you name it to try to get to a point where I felt like I was good enough. At 24 years old I am just starting to accept myself and care about myself, which ironically is at the same point I want to make a healthy change. I have been on this website for only a week and have found the most support I have had in my entire life. (Sorry I am very long-winded. lol) What I mean to say is You are beautiful! If you ever need anyone to talk to, about anything, message me!! I think the best part about this website is that you can absolutely be yourself and no one will judge because we have been there. :)
  • mlashay
    mlashay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You all are truly inspiring and beautiful people:happy:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post. I love the friends I have made on MFP and the motivation they share with me. I started out using this site as just a calorie journal, but soon found out it was much more if I opened myself up to people. I am (as an occasional yo-yo dieter) doing so much better with the help I get here.
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Very touching post! We are all in this together!